Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Insert cheerful post title here

So my last post was a bit, um, depressing. Sorry about that - I was having a bad day and doing a writing exercise together. I am not standing on top of a bridge contemplating a jump. I'm fairly cheerful, actually. Here's why:

Halloween was fun.

IMG_9165

We had a gumball machine:

IMG_9177

A piggy:

IMG_9173

And a group of Superheroes (The Avengers):

IMG_9178

Work has been chaotic, but I am hopeful that there is an end to the craziness in sight. Well, I hope so.

The election was interesting to me. I hate living in a swing state because we are bombarded with ads, many of which are just downright nasty. I was undecided up until just a week or so ago. I know that concept baffles people. "What the heck? How can you be undecided?!!" Here's my answer.

I have no freaking clue about why I seem to be the only person split between the two parties. For every belief I hold that falls in line with the Democrats (equal rights for all, be they gay or working immigrants), there is one of equal importance that fits in the Republican camp (fiscal spending, smaller government, etc.) My "list" has an equal amount of tally marks in both columns. At the end of the day, I had to pick someone, but I didn't feel as strongly this time around as I did in 2004.

What I think is astounding is the vitriol that I've seen on social media sites today from the anti-Obama camp. Their words are paradoxically shocking and boring. I suspect those same people are the ones who swear that the refs cost their favorite team the football game in a 3-28 loss.

It's kind of exhausting, really.

So what else is new? My brother and his wife from California are coming for a visit this weekend! I am so excited to see them. It's been a very long time - and I have a new baby nephew (well, he's seven months old by now!) to meet too. That will be fun.

The Boy is in the high school play this weekend too! He joined after they'd done the auditions, so he's a member of the chorus, and he gets to dress up in boots and a cowboy hat. I can't wait to see him!

Goblin is getting over a nasty cold. She's been pretty miserable and has been a trooper through it all. She's learned how to give kisses (you know - the big open mouthed slobbery kind that rival a dog's kiss) so she's been sharing her germs. But dang. It's hard to pass up a baby kiss.

On that note, I'll sign off. Later, 'gator!




1 comment:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

OMG! A smiling piggy! Your other two looked great, too.