Friday, June 8, 2012

The Graduate!

Introducing Hollywood: the Graduate! On Sunday, May, 27th, Hollywood graduated from high school.

aIMG_7905-016 \

Here are some pictures of her with the family. I LOVE this one of her and The Husband - what a great shot of them both:
aIMG_7905-010

And here she is with TH and me:
aIMG_7905-029

And the whole family:
aIMG_7905-030

And here she is with her grandparents:
aIMG_7905-026

aIMG_7905-014

aIMG_7905-012

I LOVE this one of her with my mom:
aIMG_7905-013

And here she is with my brother and his family:
aIMG_7905-015

The ceremony was at the high school, in the gym that was about a thousand degrees.  But it was amazing.  Here's Bumblebee sitting with her friend and two of her cousins at the ceremony:
aIMG_7905-018

At the beginning of the ceremony, the principal announced the names of the Valedictorians. Guess who was one of them? I am SO PROUD of this kid. (Yes, I'm bragging. It's a BLOG. If you can't brag on your blog, where can you brag?)

aIMG_7905-019

She was also selected by her classmates to give one of the three graduation speeches. It was a wonderful speech, and it made me cry. Between the chorus singing the song "For Good" and my mama crying next to me, I was a wreck. But a happy wreck, if that makes sense.

Here she is, getting her diploma:
aIMG_7905-022

So it's official. She's all done with high school. I can't really believe it.

I'll be writing more about the party. We had a great turn out and while it was a lot of work, it was a great success.

2 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Congrats to your daughter...and to you and your husband. Smart girls rock and it takes a good family to accomplish that.

Her smile is so bright!

Stacey Junkins said...

Didn't know you had a blog...neat! What a beautiful family you have! Congrats to the graduate :) Btw, your mom looks great