Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hey everyone, it's me. Natalie.


Hi everyone, Natalie here. 
*photo of Goblin:
 1219a

Aren't I cute? I know that I am, because everybody tells me so about a million times a day! Mama has obviously been a slacker at blogging lately, so I thought I’d fill in for her today.  Anyhow, I introduced myself as Natalie. N-A-T-A-L-I-E. I am not a Goblin, for pete's sake.  What a wretched nickname! Also - look there to your right.  Why hasn't Mama added me to her blog's background? I'm going to have to have a chat with her about that.

Anyway, I thought I might update you on what’s been going on lately around our house.  Lots of things – it’s a very exciting place to live!

The big sister just got accepted to a place called ‘college’.  People keep saying she’s a badger now. She still looks like a person to me. She's enjoying her senior year and Mama and Daddy keep remembering when she was a baby. I think that was about a thousand years ago or something.

The smaller sister is a hoot. Look at her being all silly with these French fries:
*photo of Bumblebee making a mustache out of fries:
 1219b

She’s all jazzed up about Christmas. She keeps asking mama very specific questions about some person named Santa. Mama told her that Santa only brings presents to those who believe in him… I’m going to have to remember that in the future!

My sisters are both amazing and I love them so much. But let me tell you about my brother.  He is so sweet.  If Mama is ignoring me while I scream my lungs out (I don’t know why she thinks she has to do things like go to the bathroom and make dinner and fold laundry. She should be holding me all the time!) my big brother will come pick me up and talk to me. He doesn’t like to hear me cry, and he is so good at calming me down.
*photo of The Boy holding Goblin:
 1219d

And he has cool hair.  I hope my hair grows like his.

So I mentioned Christmas.  I’m not sure what it is, but apparently it’s a big deal.  There are lots of sparkly lights around the house.  Smaller sister says there are usually more of them but Mama just got lazy this year and didn’t put up all of the decorations.  She said there is normally a giant sparkling tree set up in the sun room!  That’s crazysauce because we already have like three trees around the house. Why do we need another huge one? Anyway, the kids keep talking about what they want for Christmas, and there are pretty packages under the living room tree. I think I will like Christmas as long as Mama is there too.

I don’t like to leave Mama’s side.  When she sits down to dinner, I scream to be fed, even if I ate recently. Why should everyone else get to eat and not me? She usually pulls out the Boppy pillow and nurses me at the table while she eats one handed. That’s called a compromise.  Works for me! I'm glad the rest of the family isn't bugged by it.

I am so tired of Mama taking pictures all the time.
*photo of Goblin sticking out her tongue:
1219e

The Mamarazzi follows me everywhere with that big black flashy contraption. Make it go away!
*photo of Goblin covering her face:
1219c

Several days ago, I played the best practical joke on Mama.  I slept through the night twice in a row!  Mama was so excited, she kept telling me how awesome I am and smiling a bunch.  Her face looked different too – the puffy bags under her eyes weren’t so noticeable. But guess what? If I sleep all night long, I don’t get that extra special middle of the night snuggle time with Mama, so… I decided to start waking up again. Maybe I’ll go back to sleeping all night, but I’m not so sure. I don't understand why she's so tired all the time.  She's asleep whenever I wake up to eat at night!

I’m still mad at Mama for what happened last week.  She took me to a place called the doctor. They took my clothes off, weighed me, and kept calling me things like ‘dainty’ and ‘peanut’ and ‘she’s so tiny!’.  I did not like that.  I may be only 9 pounds and in the 10th percentile for my height and weight, but I am TOUGH and STRONG, darn it. Anyway, they did all sorts of weird things, poking, prodding, looking in my eyes, ears, and mouth with a flashlight, and so on.  It was annoying, so I let them know that I was not pleased.  And then… holy shit, you guys (oops, Mama says 2 month olds aren’t supposed to swear. Sorry!) the nurse stabbed these sharp sticks into my legs! What the hell was that for? I am never going back to that place, I don’t care what Mama says.

There is this thing called football at our house.  Do you have it at yours?  It’s where a loud noise comes from the TV.  It sounds like a crowd of people talking, with some whistles blowing, and some clanky noises, maybe from when the men who wear tights bump into each other? Anyway, our team is the Packers and everyone in the house dresses up in green and yellow on Sundays.  Mama is in love with some big muscly guy named Clay and Big Sister gets all googly eyed over Aaron Rodgers. They like to tease each other over whose 'boyfriend' is the best.  (I'm on Mama's side for that one, but #12 isn't so bad either.) 

We watch the game and Daddy yells a lot. Sometimes it’s good yelling, and everyone whoops it up.  Our dog Reggie is the funniest – he’s a huge football fan.  He runs around and barks when there’s a touchdown. And sometimes it's bad yelling.  Then Daddy goes over to our punching bag and hits it.  He says he's letting off steam, but I haven't seen any steam. Just a mad face and some talk about the blankety-blank refs not calling penalties. Anyway, I’m still not so sure about all of this, but I guess our team lost last weekend for the first time all year.  Daddy was kind of disgusted and Mama wasn’t too happy either.  But look – I didn’t mind.  I love my football game outfit:
*photo of Goblin smiling in her Packers gear:
 

Well, I should get going now. I’m starting to get hungry.  I like to eat about every two hours during the day which makes it tough for Mama to get anything done.  But I know she loves every second of it, because she tells me so all the time while she’s sniffing my head. She says she has to go back to a place called ‘work’ soon.  I don’t know what work is, but I think it must be like ‘doctor’ because she does NOT want to go back.  She gets sad when she talks about it. Poor Mama. I hope she doesn’t have to get shots there.

Anyway, that’s about all I have time for today. Maybe Mama will be able to write another post soon. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

She's one of the Top 10 cutest babies I have ever seen!
I love that big brother is already protective of his baby sister's feelings.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

PS: Sorry Natalie, 9 pounds IS a peanut....my Allison was bigger than that at birth!

kylydia said...

Hey, Natalie, tell you're mom that Clay is MY boyfriend. Actually, tell her that since I have TWO Peavler boyfriends ( the other one has the prettiest eyes and is named Randall) and since it is the season of giving, I'll share Clay with her.

Also? You are adorable.

kylydia said...

Um, autocorrect decided Packer should be Peavler. Weird.

Debbielou said...

Congratulations !!! She's beautiful. I've been away from Blogger for a year and a half - you've been very busy !!xx