Saturday, October 22, 2011

Goblin's birth story, part 2

So there it was. We had a new baby girl! The Husband and I spent the hours after her birth watching her and snuggling with her. She was alert for several hours, no doubt wondering what the heck just happened to her.

Early Sunday morning, Grandma J brought the kids up to meet Goblin. Hollywood took her first and snuggled her:
*photo of Hollywood with Goblin:
IMG_5065x
As Hollywood was holding the baby, Bumblebee jumped into bed with me and we had a good snuggle ourselves:
*photo of Bumblebee and me in the hospital bed:
xIMG_5028bw
Then it was Bumblebee's turn to hold Goblin. This is one of my favorite photos ever:
*photo of me, Bumblebee, and Goblin on the hospital bed:
IMG_5051x

IMG_5060x
The Boy got to hold her too, and although he was hoping for a brother, he doesn't look so disappointed here:
*photo of The Boy holding Goblin:
xIMG_5095
Then it was Grandma J's turn:
*photo of Grandma J holding Goblin:
xIMG_5043
I can't explain how amazing it is to watch your children open their hearts to a new sibling. My kids were so gentle, and so excited to meet their new baby sister.

It was Sunday afternoon, and the Packers weren't on TV, so The Husband and The Boy got all decked out in their Packers gear and went to watch the game at a restaurant:
*photo of TH and TB in their Packers clothes:
xIMG_5074
My brother and sister-in-law brought Nanna to the hospital to see Goblin.  This photo of Nanna exploring Goblin tugs at my heart:
*photo of Nanna holding Goblin and checking out her fingers:
xIMG_5081
And of course Brother Z and Sis-in-law M had to get their snuggle time in too. Check out that adorable knit hat that Aunt M made Goblin!
*photo of M holding Goblin:
xIMG_5084
*photo of Brother Z holding Goblin:
xIMG_5091
The visitors left late Sunday afternoon, and The Husband and The Boy came back to hang out for a while.  After they left to go home and get dinner, I spent the rest of the evening holding Goblin and starting at her perfect little features.
*photo of me holding Goblin:
xIMG_5093
I still can't believe she's here and she's ours. I've been holding her almost non stop for a week now, and don't plan on doing much else for the rest of my 12 week maternity leave.  I know I keep saying it, but we are so very blessed to have been given the gift of another child to love and raise.

My cup overflows.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Congratulations!

Give her a snuggle for L and me.

Becca said...

She's adorable, Mon! Congrats to you and the whole family.

Steph said...

Congratulations to all of you! She's beautiful!