Thursday, April 7, 2011

Frazzled: (adj.) worn out; fatigued: A party that left us frazzled.

(Ha! I love that definition of frazzled.)

Well hello there, blog pals. Welcome to SPRING! My third favorite season.  The weather here in Iowa alternates between cold and gray to sunny and nice, but seems to always come with a wicked wind that blows things around that make me sneeze. Ah-choo.

Here’s what’s new with us:
  • Track season is in full swing, and Hollywood and The Boy are both out for it this year.  Track meets are long and cold, and there seems to be some law that the kids will run events that are spaced as far apart from each other as possible, so that I am required to spend hours and hours at the track, freezing my lady bits off. 
  • Softball season has started for Bumblebee.  She’s playing in the regular little league, and got asked to be in a fancier tournament league as well.  I think we’re crazy for signing her up for both, but she seems to love it.
  • I have abandoned my camera and it’s making me crazy.  I’m itching to get outside and play with it; to get updated shots of the kids and the pets, and to play around with perspectives, lighting, angles, and everything that makes photography interesting.
  • Lots of fun family news: my baby brother is getting married in July.  Another brother his wife are moving back to Iowa from Kansas City, and they are becoming first time parents in July! 
  • Speaking of becoming parents… The Husband and I are expecting a new addition to the Frazzled family. “Peanut” is due in late October.
  • Hollywood and I are going to visit the University of Wisconsin next Friday.  Squee!  We are both excited about the trip.  I’m looking forward to spending time with a beloved Aunt who lives in Madison, as well as her family. But more importantly, I’m looking forward to the look on my beautiful daughter’s face as she explores the campus that will likely become her home in just 16 months.  What an awesome adventure my little girl is heading toward.
  • When I started this blog and described my life as “Frazzled but loving it” I must have had April and May in mind… Every night is full of kid activities, sporting or school/music events, and so forth.  The Husband has been out of town a lot lately, so I’ve been running ragged trying to get to everything without losing my mind, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
So that’s what’s going on here… I realize that I buried a pretty big announcement in that list...  For those of you who know me on Facebook, please keep it quiet until I make the big reveal there.  I’m going to wait a few more weeks, though.

2 comments:

Sincerely, Jenni said...

OK, I had to go back and read through everything to see what I missed. Congratulations!

Jen K said...

that's the first thing I thought as I was reading it - GAH - she buried the lede!!!