- Get a new furnace and A/C installed. (because, you know, spending ridiculous amounts of cash on new appliances is almost as much fun as going to a beach somewhere...)
- Do the extra kind of cleaning. (ceiling fans, windows, cobwebs in the corners, that kind of thing)
- Clean out the hall closet, the coat closet, and the linen closet. (ugh.)
- Get completely on top of laundry, including things that don't get washed often but should (i.e. the shower curtains and sofa blankets.)
- Take Sully in to get declawed and neutered. That little bastard is destructive! It's a good thing he's cute.
- Plant some herbs so I can quit paying $4 for a sprig of rosemary.
Wrong. Today is day five of my "vacation" and the guys did come and replace the furnace (my house was actually too hot this morning) and I did get the cobwebs out of the corners of the walls, but that's it.
And, to make things worse, the rest of the house is a pit and so I have to do the regular cleaning and organizing before I can get to the extra stuff on my list. Sigh... I have not been feeling well this week, which is not helping matters.
Anyone know of a good housecleaning fairy who could come to my house and wave her sparkly magic wand?
The plan of action for today is this: I downloaded an audiobook (by Maeve Binchy - I love her work for a light, breezy read) and am going to pop it into my ipod and GET TO WORK. Wish me luck.