Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break

I have this week off work.  Don't be jealous, I'm not really having a fun time.  My to do list is full of the following:
  • Get a new furnace and A/C installed.  (because, you know, spending ridiculous amounts of cash on new appliances is almost as much fun as going to a beach somewhere...)
  • Do the extra kind of cleaning.  (ceiling fans, windows, cobwebs in the corners, that kind of thing)
  • Clean out the hall closet, the coat closet, and the linen closet. (ugh.)
  • Get completely on top of laundry, including things that don't get washed often but should (i.e. the shower curtains and sofa blankets.)
  • Take Sully in to get declawed and neutered.  That little bastard is destructive!  It's a good thing he's cute.
  • Plant some herbs so I can quit paying $4 for a sprig of rosemary.
And so on.  The list is actually longer than that, because I've had like 9 days to do these things.  I'm superwoman, right?

Wrong.  Today is day five of my "vacation" and the guys did come and replace the furnace (my house was actually too hot this morning) and I did get the cobwebs out of the corners of the walls, but that's it.

And, to make things worse, the rest of the house is a pit and so I have to do the regular cleaning and organizing before I can get to the extra stuff on my list.  Sigh... I have not been feeling well this week, which is not helping matters.

Anyone know of a good housecleaning fairy who could come to my house and wave her sparkly magic wand?

The plan of action for today is this:  I downloaded an audiobook (by Maeve Binchy - I love her work for a light, breezy read) and am going to pop it into my ipod and GET TO WORK.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

ludakristen said...

Best of luck, woman-who-has-a-mind-of-he-own!

Sincerely, Jenni said...

I stayed home yesterday and got nothing accomplished. I feel your pain. :-)

But you sound way more motivated than me!