Sunday, December 12, 2010

The first snowfall of the year

The first snowfall of the year hit with a vengeance this weekend.  I started out as a nice soft snowfall, with giant flakes gently falling to the ground.  But then the winds hit.  They howled in at 40 MPH, causing white-out conditions and a noisy racket most of last night.  Good thing I stayed at home in front of my fireplace all weekend!

I'm not a big fan of snow.  I hate to be cold, I don't like driving in it, or clearing it off of my car.

But it sure is pretty.  And Bumblebee loves to play in it:
*photo of Bumblebee dressed up in snow gear outside:
IMG_2070

She and the neighbor girl played outside for a long time today - I couldn't believe it since it was so cold outside!  Only about 10 degrees or so:
*photo of Bumblebee and her friend playing:
IMG_2075

I took pity on them and made them some hot chocolate:
*photo of the girls drinking hot cocoa:
IMG_2077

Bumblebee seems to like it!
*photo closeup of Bumblebee drinking her hot cocoa:
IMG_2084

Ok, I have to admit, it's nice to have snow on the ground.  It makes everything pretty and it looks like Christmas outside.  But I won't feel this way when we get a storm in March!

5 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I love a good snow day.

Prairie Chicken said...

Did you see those spectacular sun dogs on Sunday morning??

Dan said...

We are still waiting for real snow here. All we got was a day or two of cool weather and wind. Now the last two days have been in the 60s. Who says there is no global warming? {*grin*}

Enjoy the season (and the snow).

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I loved when my kids were little, played out in the snow, then came in and put their cold little faces on my warm face!

Please keep your snow up there where it belongs!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Wonderful pics of snowfall. Girls are simply enjoying themselves over there.
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi