Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

I’m pretty sure that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I’ve always tried to do my best to thank God for my blessings.  I’m not a huge fan of turkey, but oh my goodness, I love me some stuffing. Mmmm, mmmm... And pie, and potatoes… food, food, food. Throw some family in there and football in the background?  You’ve got the perfect holiday right there.

Thanksgiving isn’t as stressful as Christmas.  It’s more laid back, and there’s none of that blasted gift wrapping to do.  Unlike the sugar high that the kids get from Easter candy, Thanksgiving food contains tryptophan, which makes them sleepy. See? 

Thanksgiving is just an all around win

I’m hosting dinner at my house this year for my side of the family.  My mom is spending the night tomorrow night and we’ll drink some wine as we prep the food. I’m looking forward to it.

I'll be busy the next few days, and won't have time to post here, but I am most definitely thankful for all that I have in my life.  This year, I'd like to pay special attention to the immediate family I've been blessed with. They are my world.

So, without further ado, this is what I'm thankful for this year:

* * *

I’m thankful that I was given this man to share my life with:
*photo of The Husband:
3

Even though I've spent nearly half my life with him, I've been having those ooey-gooey, butterflies in my stomach feelings for him lately that remind me of when we first met and he charmed me with that smile.  That smile! Lord have mercy. It has clearly been the purpose of my life to have babies with the owner of that smile.

Speaking of babies, I am so very grateful for the times in my life that have been spent snuggling babies. Look at me in the picture below – I’m chubby and I look absolutely exhausted. But if you look closer, you can see that I’m glowing with that bleary happiness only a sleep-deprived parent of an infant can pull off. And look at Tiny Bumblebee, all crashed out, safe and secure, on my chest. God help me, I’d have ten more babies if I could.
*photo of me holding Bumblebee as an infant.
Picture 106

I don’t just love the baby stages, though. I’ve enjoyed all of it.  My kids' teenage years have been pretty great so far too:
*photo of Hollywood:
iPod

Even though one of them is threatening to be taller than me at any second:
*photo of The Boy and me:
IMG_1754

Sigh. Sometimes I can’t explain how happy these four people make me. I’ve said it before, but I mean it.  I am blessed.

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving this year.  Gobble, gobble!

2 comments:

WebGal said...

Aw. That's nice.... Glad you have so many blessings to count! :)

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

This popst just oozed with so much love for your family. They are pretty much blessed to have you, too.