Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Recap

What a great weekend. I'm sad that it's over.

Here's how I spent it:

Reading (if something ever happens to my Kindle, I will DIE.) I'm currently reading The Stand (Stephen King) for an online book club I'm in, and What is the What (Dave Eggers) for my other book club. I haven't read anything by King in several years, and was hesitant to try this one, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. What is the What is a fictional autobiography of Valentino Achak Deng, a refugee from the Sudanese civil war. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it and it's excellent, although heartbreaking.

Watching football. My Cyclones got HAMMERED. Here's a picture I took of Brother Z and his fiancee that sums up the game:*photo of M 'punching' Z. M is wearing Hawkeye gear and Z is wearing Cyclone attire:
Knock out punch

But at least my Packers pulled off a win. Can I just say that Clay Matthews (linebacker) is a STUD? Sure, the dude needs a hair cut, but he's awesome.

Taking pictures with my new camera. Still trying to figure out how to use it. Here's an awfully sweet one of my mother-in-law with Bumblebee:

Hugs from Vali

The Boy cut his thumb pretty bad on Saturday. He shut it in his friend's car door and yanked it out, slicing the pad of his thumb pretty deep. Poor kid was in a lot of pain, but it'll be ok. He's going to have to take extra care of it in football practice. But it wasn't all bad - he got out of dishes duty for the week!

My favorite part of the weekend was a conversation I had with Hollywood. That kid is growing up, and oh how she makes me proud.

I am blessed indeed.

5 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

But I am a bit ticked at Aaron Rogers. As my fantasy football QB I expect more than 188 yards out out of him.

Monnik said...

Yeah, he's my fantasy QB too. Not great for the numbers, but I'll take the team's win over mine any day. :)

Married to a whitie said...

Hey, I got my kindle last week :) I like it but it's driving me a bit nuts that when I click next, the page refreshes instead of simulating the "page turn"...does your kindle do that too?

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Oh, the thumb injury just made me have chills all the way down to my toes!
I'll put the Eggers book on my list.

Dan said...

So how did the big numbers by Rogers coupled with losing to the Bears strike you? {*grin*}