Monday, September 6, 2010

Playing Hooky

The Husband and I played hooky on Friday. We took the day off from work to hang out together while the kids were at school. We decided to take the boat out for a while.

It was a beautiful late summer day:
*photo taken from the boat of the lake and a bright blue sky with puffy clouds:
playing hooky

It was pretty windy, though, so we had to go to the smaller lake near our house instead of the big one. But The Husband got some fishing done:
*photo of TH fishing:
fishing

And I got some important reading done with my Kindle:
*photo of my Kindle in a zip lock baggie:
Kindle

After a while, I stretched out on the floor of the boat and put my feet up. It was the perfect time for a nap:
*photo of my feet up on the boat chair with the sky in the background:
relaxing on the boat

We had a relaxed, easy lunch together after the boat ride. Spending the day together was a great way to reconnect, even if only for a few hours.

No comments: