Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

We had a nice Easter weekend. I can describe it in a few short words: Baby, Horseback Riding, Brothers, Cousins, Dogs, and Table Conversation.

Baby!

My cousin recently had this adorable baby. Here's my Brother Z's girlfriend cuddling with her:
*photo of Molly holding Baby J:
Easter 2010 1

Bumblebee wanted to hold her too:
*photo of Bumblebee holding Baby J:
Easter 2010 7

I let them have a few moments with her, but I admit to keeping her to myself for the better part of the afternoon. Sigh... babies. I can't get enough of them. How they feel, how they look, and oh how they smell. That smell. They should bottle it. On second thought, maybe not. If The Husband wore baby scented cologne, I'd probably have seventeen kids by now.
*photo of me holding Baby J:
Easter 2010 2

Horse-back riding!

The horse's name is Babe. Poor thing - she had a whole slew of us riding her. I even rode her, but I refuse to post pictures of it because trust me, it's not a pretty sight. Hollywood thought it would be HIGH-larious to take a video of me hoisting myself up on the horse. Let's just say that the file mysteriously disappeared from my camera. I have no idea how it happened; technology sure is flaky!

At any rate, the kids seemed to be much more comfortable on a horse than I was.
*photo of Bumblebee on a horse:
Easter 2010 13

See? Looks like The Boy was born to ride that thing. Check out my cousin in the background. He's thinking, "What in the world is she taking all of these pictures for? It's just a horse." I love that he's holding a giant bottle for the calf they were feeding earlier.
*photo of The Boy on a horse:
Easter 2010

The girls enjoyed riding Babe too.
*photo of the girls on a horse:
Easter 2010 4

I think the cigar in The Husband's mouth makes this a rather interesting picture, doesn't it? Babe didn't seem to mind, though:
*photo of TH on a horse:
Easter 2010 4

Brothers (and the horse)!

That Brother L of mine... I always knew he was a horse's... uh, friend.
*photo of L on a horse - taken from behind:
Easter 2010 9

This expression on Brother K's face goes along with the word 'Shady' printed on his sweatshirt:
*photo of K on a horse:
Easter 2010 11

Cousins!

These are my cousins Jess and Emma. Jess just had a baby. A month ago. Look at her! She looks great - and it was very nice of her to let me steal her baby for the day. She also supervised the horseback riding, which was great since my kids (Bumblebee in particular) don't know that you shouldn't walk right behind a horse. Silly children.
*Jess and Emma and a pony:
Easter 2010 10

This is my cousin Anne. I love this photo, because Babe looks just like I did earlier. ("Get that camera out of my face, or I'm going to punch you in the neck!")
*Photo of Anne on a horse:
Easter 2010 12

Dogs!

We took Reggie with us (of course!) and he had a blast playing with all the dogs on the farm. I thought he might be nervous around them, but he wasn't at all. This blue heeler was a gorgeous dog. Kind of afraid of all of us people, but she (he? I can't remember...) sure liked Reggie:
*Photo of Reggie playing with Ang's dog:
DSC03368

Hollywood liked chilling out with Reggie and this gorgeous sheltie:
*Photo of Hollywood playing with Reggie and another dog:
Easter 2010 6

The Boy and my cousin Jacob liked playing with the big dogs:

Easter 2010

Table conversations!

And of course the nicest part of Easter with the family is the talk around the table with lots of food, wine, and laughter. This is my mom, grandparents, and aunt and uncle hanging out around the table:

Easter 2010 8

I sure lucked out in the family department, that's for sure.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

The Casual Perfectionist said...

Oh, yes...the wonderful smell of a baby's head. Do you what to know the perfect antidote for that? A good night's sleep. ;)

Barb said...

Sounds like a truly perfect weekend, especially the baby part. I can't wait till my daughter has hers (any time now!). As for the horse, been there done that ~ got kicked in the butt!