Friday, November 20, 2009

Licensed to Drive

Hollywood got her driver's license on Tuesday. I embarrassed her by taking a photo at the DOT. She was mortified, but I was actually surprised that no other moms had their cameras out too.

This is a momentous occasion, people!

And anyway, I only have a short time in this life to embarrass my kids, so I'll enjoy it while I can:
*photo of Hollywood in front of the DOT sign:
Hollywood at the DOT

Here she is after getting her license. I waited until we got outside in the parking lot to take this one, at least:

Hollywood with her license

It's really hard for me to believe that she's old enough to drive by herself now. But don't get me wrong... I'm not hating the idea. I sent her to the grocery store first thing. Having a kid who can drive is going to be veeeeeery useful, I think!

5 comments:

Kari said...

My Mom didn't grocery shop for 5 years until we all left the nest, and now she practically has to drag herself to the store to do it. She said the day my sister got her license was one of the happiest days of her life. :P

Jenster said...

Yea, Hollywood!! Todd was out of town the other night and my kids drove to Wendy's and got us all dinner. It was bliss! I love having a kid who can drive.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

The humiliation of her Mom taking her picture at the DOT didn't keep her from grinning from ear to ear!

Swishy said...

Oh my gosh, she's totally growing up!!! How fun!

NaysWay said...

What a cute patoot! Aw, dang. She had to get the ugly license. I hate those vertical things. Tell her not to run anyone over :o)