Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Love Family Weddings

My cousin got married this weekend. I love family weddings. Especially ones like this one that had so many great things about it.

First of all, there was this adorable little church in an adorable little Iowa town on a perfect autumn day:
*photo of a small brick church:
church wedding

And then there was the ceremony - officiated by my cousin's husband (does that make him my cousin-in-law?) When he was done, he said, "...by the power vested in me through the state of Iowa and the world wide web, I now pronounce you husband and wife."
*photo of the bride, groom, and Jim at the altar:
bride groom & Jim

And of course there was a beautiful bride and her handsome groom:
*photo of Jason and Michelle pouring sand into their joint sand jar:
bride and groom sand jar

And the bride's colors were purple and white so I was in love. Because purple, especially this beautiful deep shade of it, is my favorite. And speaking of purple, the bride and groom were transported in style to the reception in this beauty:
*photo of a purple semi-truck with a sign that says 'just married' attached to it:
wedding semi

The reception had everything it needed to be a success:

There were pretty candles and chocolate kisses all along the tables - and a good looking young man thrown in for good measure:
*photo of The Boy at the reception:
the boy reception

There was a handsome guy with his adorable daughter:
*photo of The Husband and Bumblebee:
TH and Bumblebee at wedding

And there were a couple of cousins who don't get to see each other very often, but have fun together when they do:
*photo of Hollywood and David K.:
cousins

And finally, there were lots of wonderful family members to hang out with:
*collage photo of many of the K family wedding guests:
wedding family

Congratulations to Jason and Michelle!

3 comments:

Barb said...

That's so cool. We haven't had any family weddings in forever. Guess I have to wait on my little brother ~ but I think it'll be a few years.

Swishy said...

Ohhh, I love fall weddings!

emilyrebekah said...

Now THAT'S riding away in style!