Sunday, September 20, 2009

Photos of the Week

These photos are from the past two weeks, actually, since I slacked off last weekend and didn't put a post up. If you're wondering why I slacked off, it's because I did some serious tailgating with my brothers and sis-in-law last weekend. Here's proof:
*photo of me and Dani at the Iowa/ISU game:
Dani and Me

I took some great photos while camping the weekend before last, so here are some of my favorites. This bird was giving me the stink eye the whole time I sat by the lake. He was creeping me out!
*photo of a large pelican type bird standing in shallow water:
Creepy Bird

This little guy decided that he wanted my apple. I decided to let him have it.
*closeup of an apple with a bumblebee crawling on it.
Bee on My Apple

My brother took this awesome picture of Bumblebee. I love the colors and shadowing!
*photo of Bumblebee with the shadow of Brother Z in the background:
Bumblebee Z Shadow

This is a picture of The Boy hanging out underneath a blanket that we'd draped over the picnic table:

The Boy Under a Blanket

Hollywood found this little guy and wanted him to pose for a picture:
*photo of a toad being held between Hollywood's thumb and forefinger:
springbrook toad

This was a sanitation lagoon. I'm not exactly sure what a 'sanitation lagoon' is, but I think it means you shouldn't take a dip in the water. Sure is pretty, though:
*photo of a lagoon covered in green algae with a fallen tree in the center of the water:
springbrook lagoon

I love taking pictures of fungi:
*photo of mushrooms growing out of the side of a tree:
springbrook fungi

Well, those are my favorites from the last few weeks. I'll have more with the kids in them next time, promise.

1 comment:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Great pictures. i need to start carrying my camera around with me more often.