Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'll Take a Housekeeper and a Triple Espresso Please

I am going insane. For real, I’m riding the crazy train and there are no scheduled stops until 2012.

Back to school has been a series of sucker punches: we got slammed in the pocketbook with all of the fees, supplies, clothes, and for the love of GOD, the shoes. Why do kids always need shoes?!! And then there’s the crazy scheduling. Football game here, practice there, boy scouts, church group, play practice, etc. The Boy requires a significant amount of hand holding to make sure he gets his homework done, and packs his lunch, and brings his french horn to school, and doesn’t forget his football jersey. Et cetera and to infinity and beyond. Bumblebee’s been begging me to sign her up for her own activities. She doesn’t really care which - dance, soccer, gymnastics… She deserves her own activities too, poor thing’s been trucked around to thousands of sporting events and school activities for the older kids. She’s due an activity of her own. I haven’t done it yet, because have I mentioned that I only get 24 hours each day? But I will have to soon.

Sigh.

And, did I mention that work is like a circus on fire right now and I can hardly stay on top of my tasks? I’m putting in extra time at night and yet I’m still in the office at 6:30 a.m. The end to this chaos at work is nowhere in sight because I guess there’s an economic crisis going on still. Giant Ass Bank is coping with said crisis by making the remaining employees who weren’t sacrificed to the Gods of the Recession do the work of three full time workers. And we are happy to do it because we have jobs, but still… Did I mention the part about only having 24 hours in each day?

Sigh.

I think my problem is that after I get all of this working, cooking, driving, cleaning (wait- I haven’t done any cleaning in forever… scratch that one) homework helping and parenting done for the day, I try to take some time for myself. I sneak in a walk with the neighbor or a run on the treadmill or some other kind of exercise. And after that, I just want to chill and relax my aching muscles. So I watch TV. Until 11 pm. Sometimes later.

And then I sleep, but my alarm wakes me up at 5.

And then it starts all over again. I need to cut out the TV watching. I know I do, it’s killing me, making me drag by early afternoon. And then I pump my veins full of caffeine which works for a while, but not forever… Really, the TV watching has to go. But there are so many good shows on right now!

Sigh.

So I’m tired and cranky and I am sleepy all the time and my house is messier than I can even begin to describe and it’s making me crazy and…

I need some chill time.

Sigh.

Ok. I’m done with my tirade. I will try to quit stressing out. Here is my goal for the next week. I will get in bed no later than 9:30 p.m. so that I can be asleep by 10. That will give me 7 hours of sleep a night, which is still less than what I need, but better than I’ve been doing. If there’s a great show on that night, I will not stay up to watch it. That’s why I have TiVo. Maybe with some extra sleep I won’t write crap like this on my blog too. Who knows.

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I feel ya. I'm floating in that same handbasket.

Swishy said...

This is such a stressful time of year ... but I am just cracking up a little at how you described it. It's so good! Hang in there and try to sleep in a little this weekend ;)

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Yeah I'm a day behind on reading blogs and there are no children living here.
I felt like that and I only had 2 kids. I couldn't imagine what one more would have been like.
I don't think getting it off your chest on your blog is necesarily a bad thing. It's cheaper than therapy!