Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Football with a Side of Waffles

It’s that time of year again…

Bring on the football! Training camp, fantasy drafts, pre-season games… Yippee! Oh how I’ve missed football season!

But… check this out. When did this little guy:
*photo of The Boy

Become old enough to wear these?
*photo of football shoulder pads


He will be wearing them every night this week for football camp. Along with cleats and helmets and cute football pants that make even 350 lb linebackers look like they have a nice, firm tush.

Not that I will be staring at my son’s tush. But it will look very cute. Oh yes it will.

He wants to play offensive guard. I won’t let him know that I cringe at the thought of him being clobbered by a defensive tackle who’s six inches taller and fifty pounds heavier than he is. I will just breathe deeply and remember that helmets have come a long way since they were made of leather.

And now, onto the next topic of football. The supreme waffler:
*photo of waffles with berries and cream on top.

No, no. Not a supreme waffle. But oh my tastiness - doesn't that look scrumptious?!

I mean a waffler:
*photo of Brett Favre in a Vikings jersey

How sad. My man Brett used to be the bee's knees, the bomb diggity, the absolute crème de la crème. And now he’s fallen off of his gilded pedestal into the depths of ickiness. He’s going to play for the Vikings!

I’m pretty sure I’ll need one of these this fall:
*photo of a barf bag:

But after his stint as a Viking is over, I will love him again, with all of the ardor and passion as before. Well, maybe not all. But most of it anyway.

No comments: