Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to Reality

Sigh... Back to life, reality and all of that.

We got home Saturday night and I did some laundry and chilled out by watching Tivo'ed episodes of Big Brother. Yes, it's a lame show with no redeeming qualities, but I like it. There, I said it. Actually, I don't just like it, I'm an addict. I'm like a moth to the flame for the lying, backstabbing and completely idiotic challenges and games they make the contestants play. Seriously... making someone wear a banana suit? Making people eat nothing but slop (which I assume is oatmeal) for a week? Dumb! Why do I love it? Not sure, but I do and I watched three episodes of it Saturday night!

Yesterday, I didn't do much... After chuch, I went to the store and did some more laundry, and read a book. I'm reading Love in the Time of Cholera and am really enjoying it.

And today, I'm back at work. Yippee! I had over 700 emails to read this morning. (I'm still not through them all.) There are the expected fires to put out, but for the most part, I'm not too buried or stressed out.

Vacation really does help re-energize the soul. I really mean that. I had such a great time with my family - we got along swimmingly (ha!) and I think we'll remember the trip for a really long time. Being able to do things like that makes the everyday stuff (like work and laundry) not so bad.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I always need a vacation, to recover from my vacation. Glad you had such a great trip. I loved getting to see it all.