Friday, June 5, 2009

Rent!

On Tuesday, I took a trip with another mom, Hollywood, and two of her friends down to St. Louis to catch the Broadway tour of RENT.

The show was amazing. If you've never heard the music for Rent, you are missing out. It's fabulous. This tour was cool because the two main male characters were played by the original Broadway cast members. Talk about talent! I'm still obsessing about my boyfriend Adam Pascal, who plays Roger. *swoon*
Don't laugh at the pants. They're part of his stage outfit!!

The girls were very well behaved and had a great time, even though it was a very quick trip. We got to St. Louis just in time to zip downtown to the arch, take the quick (and clausterphobic) trip up to the top to look out those tiny windows, have some dinner, and see the show.

We had to be back to Tinytown by 1:30 on Wednesday, so it was rough getting up at 6 a.m. to drive the 6 1/2 hours back home, but still. It was a fun time and I'm glad we went. Here's a collage pic I created for the girls to remember their trip. (that's Hollywood in the middle of both pics. Isn't the short hair cute?)

7 comments:

Tiff said...

So. Incredibly. Jealous.

But glad you all had a great time :-)

Barb said...

What a great night. I really wish I could get out to the theater more. And Rent would be right at the top of my list to see. Glad you all had a great time.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Please tell me the other original cast member was Taye Diggs. Yumm.

Hollywood's haircut makes her look sooo grown up!

Jenster said...

FUN!! I love the picture, too. Doncha just love going to the theater!?

Tanya said...

Sounds like you had a good trip. I haven't been to the Arch in so long, and I live in St. Louis. I guess that's the curse of being somewhere, you forget to appreciate it.

Swishy said...

I used to live in St. Louis and I never did make it to the top of the arch. How fun!

Barbara Martin said...

I'm not laughing at his plaid pants...I remember when I wore plaid pants similar to those.

Your day out at the theatre sounds like it was alot of fun for you and the girls. Excellent putting together of the collage.