Thursday, March 5, 2009

On a Happier Note...

Yesterday's post was a bit of a downer. Thanks for your kind comments, though. I'm much happier today. Funny how sadness can come and go like the wind...

I was checking out my favorite blogs this morning and came across this one that cracked me up. Go check it out - it's funny! A post devoted to the rear end, the butt, the derriere. And, there's a contest! It's ok, you can do it now. I'll wait. But don't forget to come back here.

Yesterday's post at A Whole Lot of Nothing has a contest. To be eligible to win, you have to write a couplet about your ass. I don't really know what a 'couplet' is, so I just wrote a cheesy poem with several two liners... Here's mine:

I like to complain about the size of my ass
‘Cause it really is getting obscene.

But I have to admit that the weight of its mass
Can be blamed on no one but me.

Though I torture and sweat and constantly work out
To make that thing firm and delicious,

It’s my diet, I know, with out any doubt
That needs to be far more nutritious.

It bulges, it shakes, it’s a lumpy hot mess
That causes me daily chagrin.

When I was younger, I’d never have guessed
That I’d resemble a damn bowling pin.

But at the end of the day, when I’m sitting to rest,
There’s padding to soothe me for sure.

Though my ass may be ample, I won’t get distressed.
Until I can’t fit through the door.

Ok, now you guys go write one about your tushies. I'll read about them later. As for me, I'm getting back to work. I've been slacking off all morning, and it's going to bite me in the... well, you know where.

4 comments:

Chris said...

LMAO! That was an awesome poem!! And I love the picture. Looks just like me.

writtenwyrdd said...

That's funny and an awesome poem. And thanks for stopping by my blog Monnik!

Michele Renee said...

What a great couplet!

Debbielou said...

Brilliant !