Friday, January 9, 2009

What I've Been Doing...

You may have been wondering where I’ve been. More than likely you’re thinking "She’s been gone? Huh. I totally didn’t notice!"

Either way,

Here’s what I’ve been up to:


***
Reading. Reading. More Reading. Here are the books I’ve read since the beginning of December:
  • Loving Frank (ok book with a ‘never saw that coming’ ending)
  • A Thousand White Woman (loved it!)
  • Twilight (I am not ashamed to say that I really enjoyed it)
  • The Shack (very enlightening book on the Trinity if you’re into that)
  • Three Cups of Tea (amazing!)
  • New Moon (Twilight Series, part 2. Good!)
  • The Kings of Nonfiction (Excellent compilations of – you guessed it – nonfiction)
  • A Chicken Soup for the Soul book about Christmas (these books are so cheesy, but I still love them!)
  • All 23 of the Beatrix Potter books.
***
All of those hours spent sitting on the couch with a good book, a cup of tea, and a snuggly blanket literally bit me in the ass. My newer, bigger ass. Ugh. So I started working out more. Then, while doing a particularly tortourous ab workout in kickboxing class, I threw out my back and was completely useless and immobile for almost a week. But I’m well again, so now I’m back to working out. Hollywood and I have kept up with the class, which is really a lot of fun - but oy! The muscle pain! I’m running a 5 mile race in a little over a month, and I need to prepare for it so I don’t make an ass out of myself on race day, so I’ve been running some too.

***
Along came Christmas, and our holidays were lovely and relaxing this year, for a change. (Except for when my poor mother-in-law broke her leg, had to have surgery, and was in a lot of pain. That part wasn’t lovely or relaxing.) We got to spend a lot of time with family, and that’s always a blessing.

***
I became an auntie – twice! My brother-in-law and his wife welcomed an adorable baby daughter (adoption) in mid December, and N gave birth to another daughter on Dec. 29th. Ellie and Sophie. How cute are those names??? They live in Nebraska so we haven’t gone to visit yet. I’m dying to get over there to see them!

***
Spending WAY too much time on Facebook. That place is crack on a computer screen. Sheesh! Now that I've found the games Scramble and Pathwords, I may never be productive again!

***
And then there’s the usual stuff: work, basketball games, school stuff for the kids, and all of that. Hollywood received her first official high school report card and endured her first round of semester tests, and wound up with a 4.0. (our school doesn’t offer A+ grades, so this is the best score to be had.) We are extremely proud. The Boy also got awesome grades at semester. Bumblebee got a bunch of snowman certificates, so she appears to be doing well in school too.

***
And that about sums up what I've spent the last several weeks doing.

What I haven’t been doing:

  • Cleaning
  • Blogging
  • Writing
  • Flossing

There’s always next month... Happy New Year!!

8 comments:

krobzoo said...

Zach calls it crackbook. :)

Tiffany said...

I loved Twilight! Have you seen the movie? I wasnt that impressed.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

One Thousand White Women is still one of my top 5 favorite books. I was working at Barnes and Noble in 2002 and the cafe manager recommended it. Every time someoned asks me about a good read, I mention that one.

Do you usually like Historical Fiction?
I enjoyed I,Mona Lisa by Jeanne Kalogridis. Read some reviews and if you think you'd like it, I'll send it to you.

Debbielou said...

Happy New Year !

I haven't blogged for ages either - can't believe that we're nearly half way through january already - must get my act in to gear !

Barrie said...

You have been busy! That's quite a list of books! Glad to hear your back is doing okay.

Travis Erwin said...

Sounds like a good way to spend time to me.

I want to thank you for all you've done to help me and my family this past week. Without so many wonderful friends such as yourself this whole bad experience would have been much worse. Mere thanks are not enough t0 express my gratitude.

Jenster said...

I hear ya!! I've been bad about blogging, too!! Maybe we both can strive to endeavor to try to do better. :o)

Mom In Scrubs said...

I got my dad the book, "Murder in a Prairie House" for christmas, about the Taliesin Murders. Haven't heard if he's read it yet or not. Looked good!