But not today, readers! I am cheerful (and maybe a bit manic) today.
Why? Well, pull up a chair and let me tell you:
- Last night I was driving Bumblebee to her religion class when I realized that it was still very light out at 6 p.m. Then, this morning, as I was driving into work at 6:50, it was also light out. Do you know what this means? Seriously, do you know what this means??? It means that the days are getting longer and with longer days comes warmth. The warmth may not be here yet, but it can’t be far off.
- Another good mood inducer this morning was the fact that I took a deep breath and it didn’t cause me to cough for 10 minutes. I do NOT have a headache. I do NOT have a sore throat. Mr. Nastass appears to have left the building. Good riddance. Bumblebee is much better too, thank goodness. It took her a few days to adjust to a full day schedule without a long nap, but she’s happy and healthy now too.
- Tomorrow night we are taking the kids to a water park hotel and spending the night and much of Saturday splashing in the water and having lots of fun. The great thing about indoor water parks is that it’s always 80 degrees and summer-like. I can’t wait. I’m going to forget about my pasty white legs poking out of the bottom of my bathing suit. I’m also going to forget the fact that the pasty white legs are also, um, wobbly. Because the kids won’t care.
- I’ve lost 3 pounds! Being sick helped, but I’m also trying to watch what I eat too. Hopefully I can lose another 7 minimum (12 would be great!) by the time I have to wear warm weather clothes.
- And, finally, I had a lovely birthday:
The kids made me some amazing birthday cards. Hollywood’s card pointed out that I’ll always be younger than The Husband. Hee. The Boy’s card said I’m the best mom that ever was. Doesn’t get any better than that! Bumblebee made me about twelve pictures of birthday cakes, and they were all very creative.
The older kids were home for a snow day, so they spent a good part of that day cleaning up the house. It was so tidy when I got home from work! Hollywood said she was going to make me snickerdoodles, but she couldn’t find any shortening in the house, so she cleaned up my bedroom instead. Anyone who knows what my bedroom looks like can understand that this is an AWESOME birthday present. It had to have taken her a few hours to clean. And luckily, a clean bedroom will not give me a larger ass. So I’m glad we were out of shortening, because Hollywood’s snickerdoodles are to die for.
I have such a great family – I got lots of phone calls and my Dad and his wife called and sang happy birthday to me. It made me smile. My grandma sent me a homemade card that has a photo on the front of it from some Christmas circa 1978. It had me standing in front of a tree with a large doll, my brother E was to my right and my brother S was on a rocking horse to my left. Very cute picture, and she did a great job making the card for me.
Aren’t birthdays great? The Husband doesn’t understand why I always make a big deal out of my birthday. I guess I always have been excited about that day. Growing up in a large family, birthdays were a way to get individual attention and to feel singled out and special. Nothing wrong with that!
Today it’s mom in scrubs’ turn to become a 35 year old. Happy Birthday, G!! I used to relish the fact that I was 2 days older than you. I got my license earlier, after all. But, I got all sorts of other things earlier too. Gray hair, for one. But I blame that on the fact that my dark hair actually shows gray while your blondeness disguises gray hairs as shimmery highlights. Yeah, that’s it. Anyway, hope today is great!
I could write more, but I have to get some work done. I’m still pretty buried from being out of the office last week. Happy Thursday!!