Thursday, November 20, 2008

N-E-G-L-E-C-T

N-E-G-L-E-C-T, find out what it means to me....

(sung, of course, to the tune of Ms. Franklin's Respect.)

***

I have neglected my blog lately. This is the busiest time of year for me at work, and with these scary economic times, Giant Ass Bank is not hiring, and therefore those of us who have not left the company for greener pastures are doing more work with fewer people to help. The kids are as active as ever. The Boy and Hollywood are both in basketball, so add that to their other activities and Monnik’s taxi service is in full swing. Also, it gets dark so damned early that I want to flop into bed as soon as I get home from work. I hate that!

I just haven’t been paying attention to the blog.

Writing ideas are still in my head (I'm dying to write up a post about the transvestite waitress we had at the diner in KC last weekend) and my kids are still being their adorable, goofy selves. It's just that the time to create blog posts just isn’t available. So, stay tuned, my friends. (HA! I sound like John McCain) I appreciate your readership and loyalty, even though I’ve been struggling to keep up with your blogs lately too. It will all get better soon, I promise.

7 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Happens to the best of us. If only the demands of life would leave us the hell alone.

Mom In Scrubs said...

Suck it up, you wimp.

Ha ha, just kidding. It's crazy, and we still have one more month till the days start getting longer. I love fall/winter weather, HATE the short days!

Yes, we must do dinner/shopping/drinks/all of the above!! But probably after the holdiays. Maybe around the birthdays!

Luv ya -

Barb said...

I'm right there with ya... there are not nearly enough hours in the day anymore.. although if they were able to add a few I might use them to get a bit more sleep!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

When I was in the Taxi-Mom stage of life I had a keychain that said

"If a woman's place is in the home, why am I always in the car?"

Good Lord, you have 3 kids. I could barely wrap my brain around 2!

Mom In Scrubs said...

Monnik, you simply MUST go over to Karly's blog at http://wipingupsnot.com/

Her post today is near and dear to your heart...I think she's your new best friend!!

Enjoy. I think you may have some stories to swap.

Swishy said...

You and me both, girl ... crazy times! See you soon :)

Candy said...

oh please. YOU'RE ALWAYS MISSED, but we know you have a life;-)

I am so out of it lately when it comes to bloggie world. I completely understand.