Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fifteen

I didn't expect to have a baby when I was so young, but along she came, and The Husband and I were given a gift that has filled us with wonder and amazement for fifteen years now.

There were times when our immaturity as parents must have made our own mothers and fathers cringe. We learned how to parent the way everyone does - by trial and error. Mistakes were made along the way, but we did some things right too. We must have - because look at her now.

She's unbelievable:
Independent, intelligent, spirited, beautiful, confident, happy, brave.

And a million other things.

It hasn't been easy. Parenting is full of second-guessing yourself and wondering how even the smallest decision you make will impact your children. It's full of small disappointments and missteps. But the journey has also been full of proud moments, immense feelings of fulfillment, and love beyond understanding. We are blessed to have such an amazing daughter. Today she is fifteen. And we are so proud of the young woman she is becoming.

7 comments:

Candy said...

gosh. I can't even imagine my baby girl being 15.

congrats on the journey so far;-)

studentrntiffany said...

Happy Birthday Hollywood!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I LOVED when my girl was 15. Just before the car driving, college searching craziness begins.

Happy 15 Hollywood.

Mom In Scrubs said...

Damn.

We're old.

But Hollywood is absolutely spectacular, in so many ways.

I have a picture of JeepMan holding her when she was just a few days old...somewhere. It's so darn cute!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLYWOOD!!!

Barb said...

I think I was a better parent when I was younger ~ now that I'm older I'm much less patient with my two little ones ~ or maybe it's just they MAKE ME CRAZY! LOL

Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

15? I thought she was 19 or something. Holy moly - look out! She's goawgous!

Swishy said...

Such a beautiful girl! You shouid be so proud.