Monday, October 13, 2008

Race for the Cure


Hollywood and I are running the Race for the Cure on October 25th. We did it last year, and it looks as though it will become a yearly tradition.

The proceeds of the race support breast cancer research, and like most people, our family has been affected by this terrible disease. This year it hit especially close to home, so we decided we'd make t-shirts to wear on race day to honor our loved ones who have fought (and survived) breast cancer.

I'm going to wear a shirt honoring my Grandma Viv:


Hollywood will wear one to honor her Grandma Di:


We'll be so proud to wear these shirts during the race in honor of our beloved breast cancer survivors and all of those affected by breast cancer.

If you're interested in making a donation to this very worthy cause, you can click the pink ribbon image on my right sidebar and it will bring you to a pledge page.

7 comments:

WebGal said...

cool shirts!

Travis Erwin said...

Very cool. How far are y'all running?

Monnik said...

It's just a 5K, Travis.

Did you do your race yet? How'd that go?

Candy said...

YAY!!!!

It's so worth it!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Are you going to post your RACE website so we all can donate?

My family has Breast Cancer running rampid. I would love to help support a little for you and Hollywood. Send me the link please!!

What an amazing tradition! And I love those shirts!

Jenster said...

I LOVE the shirts!!!

Good luck!!

Swishy said...

That is so great for you two to do together! So awesome.