Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wedding Pictures

There are good and bad things that come out of not having enough money to hire a professional photographer on your wedding day.

Exhibit A, The good:

You get real, un-posed glimpses of happiness like these:

Nice cake-cutting picture, but why is my hair on fire?!


You get to see The Husband shaking my Grandpa Bernie's hand:


And here's The Husband's grandma looking on while I show my bouquet to my mom:


And then there's Exhibit B, The not so good shots:

Here's our flower girl (Hollywood, who was almost 3 when we got hitched) holding up a worm she found on the ground while TH's grandma snaps a photo. I love my MIL's face in this (She's the one right in front of Hollywood):

Then you get this shot - which looks like I'm complaining about something, Scarlet O'Hara style (Fiddle dee dee...) while The Husband has his Rico Suave (or maybe it's Joey from friends, I can't decide) pose going on (Hey, how YOU doin'?).


And finally - you get the fervent "Dear God, please make this ceremony be over..." prayer from TH and the "What did she just say?" look of confusion or fear from me.

Good times....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE HUSBAND. WE'VE COME A LONG WAY, BABY...

13 comments:

Mom In Scrubs said...

Holy cow, we were so friggin' young. I remember that day well. Where's the posse in our purple dresses!!

12 years. Cray-zee.

Nice hair! =) That was back in the Sun-In days, was it not?

Luv Ya, Happy Anniversary!!

Barb said...

Those are some great photos. Thanks for the peek into your past. Love it!

Jenster said...

Great photos! I especially like the worm photo.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

WebGal said...

Great pics! And Happy Anniversary!

krobzoo said...

You look beautiful :) And TH looks really young! Wow. Happy Anniversary

Barrie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Travis Erwin said...

Funny. We hired a so-called pro and while the pics were good the woman was Attila the Hun reincarnated.

Tiffany said...

Congrats! Thank you for sharing your beautiful wedding pictures! I hope that I too can be that happy one day!

Happy Anniversary!

Jenster said...

Hey! I just joined Doubleday Book Club and was able to purchase all three of the "Bronze Horseman" books for 20 cents each!! Of course that means I'm a member now and will be forced to fulfill my obligations by buying more books. I think I can live with that.

Kirsten said...

Happy Anniversary!

SUV Mama said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are gorgeous. And for the record, no, I didn't set out to copy your post. It just so happens my anniversary is today. :)

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Happy Anniversary!
When I saw the pic of your husband with his eyes closed during the ceremony, I thought "Oh I hope he didn't pass out!!"

You two looked so cute.

Erin E Attitude said...

Loved the pics! So funny! It could have been worse. You could have been 8 months pregnant in a $25 plus sized Target dress, with your 18 month old daughter crying while your hungover hubby-to-be was clad in shorts and a polo. Needless to say no photos were taken. You totally outclassed me in the wedding department! Happy (late) anniversary!