Monday, September 22, 2008

Homecoming

Well, here they are. The homecoming pictures:



I assume you all know by now that I'm a dork. I was putting together the slide show for this blog because people keep bugging me for pictures from Hollywood's first high school dance. During the actual event, I was fine. I had fun, she included me in the festivities by letting me do her hair and makeup at her best pal's house. It was fun - there were four moms getting four beautiful girls ready for their first real dance. I didn't shed even one tiny tear, even though she looked stunning, as you can tell from the slide show.

But you guys! Tonight, as I was watching the slide show with the song that I've never heard before but is kind of cool playing in the background, I realized that my little girl, the one who knew her letters before she was 2 years old; the one who put her Mickey Mouse big wheel in the corner and sternly said to it, "Mickey Mouse Motorcycle, you've been a bad boy. Go sit in the corner for a time out!" The same girl who mooned the entire Catholic school at recess when she was a kindergartner is now in high school. Getting dressed up like the prettiest princess in history and going to dances with a boy.

It made me bawl like a baby to look at that! Gah! My dad always used to tell me he was going to put a brick on my head to make me stop growing. I know what he means now.

Since I was blubbering away, I had to have some 'little kid therapy' to remind myself that at least two of my kidlets are still smallish. Here they are on 'crazy day' of Homecoming week. The Boy is wearing a combination of his winter coat and swim trunks. Bumblebee is just plain crazy looking. And yep. They went to school that way.


If that won't make you smile, what will, right??

16 comments:

Jenster said...

Great slide show! She looked beautiful! And Honey, do I know how you feel. My baby is going to be 14 in a month. MY BABY!! *sigh* But I digress. I had to mute the music becuase it was making me weepy. lol

And I LOVE the picture!!

Candy said...

oh my goodness.

I can't even imagine my baby being this big and beautiful...

wow.

Tiffany said...

Congrats to Hollywood! She is gorgeous!

And the last picture made me snort!

Chuckle chuckle, snort snort!

Barb said...

I love the pic of Hollywood and Bumblebee ~ that is priceless. Hollywood looked beautiful. They grow up way too fast.

Kristen DeDeyn Kirk said...

I got all choked up watching the video, too. I love the brick-on- your-head idea!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I got all choked up watching it, too.
The girls looked beautiful.

When you look at the pic of Hollywood and Bumblebee, you can picture the same pose on Hollywood's Wedding Day.

My daughter joined a sorority because she grew up with no sisters or girl cousins. She really needed those kind of experiences.

Great job with the slideshow and perfect music.

Swishy said...

Ohhh, what darling kids you have!! If it makes you feel better, I got all kinds of goosebumpy when I was looking at the slideshow ... the moms, the daughters, just so cute. And your gorgeous girl!

WebGal said...

Great pictures! :)

Travis Erwin said...

That slide show is great.

Never Settle said...

Your family is beautiful! What song is that playing in the slideshow? I think I love it.

I love that you let your kids go to school dressed however they want. Gives them a real sense of individuality and a strong foundation for being just who they are and not fitting society's mold. :o)

Never Settle said...

PS. My oldest son is 16 and a year ago I saw him kissing his first real girlfriend... a REAL kiss. UGH! I thought I was going to be sick!!! Kids are amazing and beautiful and challenging and grow up way too fast and I couldn't make it through a day without them!

Mom In Scrubs said...

I know she's not MY daughter, but I sort of feel like she is in some weird way. I'm all verklempt. She's stunning. Doesn't it seem like that was US only a few years back? But more awkward and with worse hair, ha ha!

Thanks for including the silly picture. I think you saved me from a full-blown sob fest.

SUV Mama said...

Oh my goodness. ALL of your kids are gorgeous!

And I agree with your Dad. It's too bad we can't do that!

SUV Mama said...

PS: Hollywood's date is a little like Ron Weasley, isn't he? Too cute.

Debbielou said...

Simply gorgeous and such lovely memories captured for ever.

Anonymous said...

Great Slideshow you people are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Love,
Tay
Your fave cousin/niece