Friday, August 8, 2008

Sometimes You Just Want to Scream...

FUUUUUU..... (you know the rest. I'll keep it clean.)

I am having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I think I'll move to Australia*.

I'm stressed out about everything. I took the day off yesterday to get some errands done. Got the school supplies list knocked out to the tune of over $100. For pencils, papers, and folders. I haven't even got their PE shoes and clothes yet.

Can I get Things People Hyperventalate Over for 500, Alex?

Then, this morning, Bumblebee wakes up with a bad earache. I almost ignored it, but she cried (with real tears) when I looked into her ear. I was hoping it was a pimple in the ear canal or something. But, she had a cold with congestion and a cough last week and is prone to ear infections, so I took her in to the doctor. Yep. Big ole infection and bulging eardrum. Fabulous. I had to take another day of vacation to stay home with her. Which is fine, because it's what those days are for, and I want to be here with her when she's sick, but... the stress!

AND... then I have a dentist appointment next week, and I had to stay home a day last week to have the dishwasher installed.

And THEN... The flipping washing machine went kaput today. Hollywood put too many pairs of jeans in at once and didn't make sure the weight was evenly distributed. By the time I heard the washer's shrieks of agony, the damage had been done and the drum no longer spins.

Fanfuckingtastic. (Sorry for the profanity. Except that I'm not really all that sorry for it since I bolded it.) So. I get to take yet another day at home to wait for a repair guy next week. And I'm sure that won't be cheap. In the meantime, it's laundromat central for me. You know how many loads of laundry a family of five goes through? Yeah, probably an entire row of machines at the laundromat.

I also have a day the week after next where I have to be home to wait for the satellite installer guy (we switched providers) and I have conferences with Bumblebee's Kindergarten teacher the day after that.

And... it's a pretty busy time for me at work. Lots of big projects going on, my mid year performance review is next week (great timing: "Oh, hello, Monnik... Do you still actually work here?") I have eleventy billion emails to go through, and just a LOT to get done.

Did I mention that The Husband is traveling from now until who the hell knows when and that as usual all of this crap falls to me to take care of?

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Calgon (or Coors, I'm not picky) take me away!!!

*If it's not a book you're familiar with, you have to read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. It's perfect reading for days like this.

6 comments:

Jenster said...

Aw, man! Very sucky, I must say.

I hope next week goes waaaaay better!

WebGal said...

Sorry about your bad day.... :(

I hope your mood improves after some fair fun tonight. :)

ALF said...

Breathe. Easier said than done, I know. Hope things get less hectic soon!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Sorry about your week, Alexander!

My dryer is also screeching like a banshee, but we can't get it repaired or replaced until we contact our landlord who lives in Colombia, and he contacts his contact in Miami, who speaks English.

In the meantime, we're drying clothes on hangers in the 2 bathrooms.

Mom In Scrubs said...

Man, I thought it sucked to be the traveller in the family...!

Different set of woes I guess, but yours sound way worse than mine right now!

Sending you a little telepathic serenity: wash it down with a nice Mojito!

Barb said...

I'm suggesting a coors along with the calgon. Sounds like you could use all the "help" you could get. Sending good thoughts your way