Monday, August 18, 2008

School Days, School Days

The Boy and Hollywood started school today.

Every year since they entered Kindergarten, I have made them stand outside with their backpacks so that I could take their first day of school pictures. They think I'm a complete dork for making them do this, but I hope to have a big collage of their first day of school pictures at their graduation parties.

The Boy was so excited about school that he went to bed at 8 p.m. so that it would be time for school faster. He got up at 6:15 and was completely ready for school (with his backpack on) by 7:00. The bus doesn’t come until 7:55. He wanted to go to the bus stop at 7:40, but I made him wait an extra five minutes.

Here he is with his backpack:

Here are his new converse shoes that he loves so much. I love Target.

Hollywood wasn’t quite so enthusiastic, though I can tell she’s looking forward to school too. Here’s her back to school pic. This is what a high schooler looks like. (gack!)

And just for fun, here are all three kiddos. Bumblebee doesn’t start kindergarten until Wednesday, so there will be more pictures then…

4 comments:

ALF said...

That's so cute that the boy is so excited for school.

SUV Mama said...

Beautiful kids! And I will do the same thing...have them stand in front with backpacks. I think that's a great idea! :)

Mom In Scrubs said...

JeepMan thought I was nuts to insist he took pictures today since I couldn't be there. He just doesn't get it, but I laughed when he told me how baffled he was by all the other parents going ga-ga taking pictures today! Ha Ha!

Travis Erwin said...

Mine head off on Thursday.