Monday, August 25, 2008

Mmmmm, Cheese...

Here are a few random tidbits of thought from the cobwebby cavern that is my mind this morning:

Am I the only person who is seriously irritated by car dealers slapping a permanent sticker onto your brand new car that forevermore advertises their dealership? Why has there not been a revolt against this practice? I mean, c’mon… you spend a gazillion dollars on a car and then have to be a free advertisement for Krazy Kevin’s Krappy Kars? I don’t think that’s right. You should get a $500 rebate for allowing them to put a sticker on your car instead, if you want to. They shouldn’t be able to force you to advertise their damn car dealership. Especially when the dealership you purchased your car from has the most annoying radio commercials EVER.

Last week, one of our QA testers (a guy) got caught listening to a Celine Dion song on his iPod. He hadn’t turned the volume up so loud that we could hear it, someone just caught a glimpse of his iPod display. You can imagine the amount of hassle he received over that. I admit it, though. Sometimes I cover the display of my iPod so that I don’t get busted for what I’m listening to. I wouldn’t want anyone to know that I was listening to old school Kenny Rogers or Milli Vanilli. What? They were hot, and who the hell cares if they lip synched! Did you see them dance? "Girl you know it's true... Ooh, ooh, ooh, I love you"

Hollywood starts driver's Ed this evening. So if you live anywhere near Tinytown, it might be advisable to stay off the roads between 6 and 9 p.m. (Actually, I think she has class tonight, not actual driving, but still...) My driver's ed teacher was named James Bond. About all I remember of him was this advice: While entering onto an interstate entrance ramp, you're supposed to hit that gas pedal like there was a cockroach under it that you are trying to kill. He'd yell 'squash that bug!' as we got onto the interstate. Fun times.

Wisconsin is my second favorite state. It's almost my favorite state. A very close runner-up. Here are the reasons I love Wisconsin so much:
  1. It is quite possibly the prettiest state in the country. The countryside provides the most charming vistas you’ll ever see if you like rolling hills, gorgeous trees, and a landscape peppered with rustic red barns. And if you don't like those things, then, well, you're just weird.
  2. They have the best billboards ever. On our drive to Madison this weekend, I saw one that read: The Mustard Museum. Home of POUPON U. C'mon... That's funny! And then there’s the fact that there is such a thing as a Mustard Museum. Another level of awesomeness that’s hard to beat.
  3. Duh… the Packers. It is so cool to stop at a convenience store and have free Packers schedules sitting at the registers. (It's also very fun to get into an almost heated argument about Brett Favre with your cousin's husband at an Irish Pub on State Street in Madison. But I digress...)
  4. Then there's my favorite: CHEESE. Squeaky little cheese curds, smelly blocks of cheese, wheels of mozzarella, crumbly cheese, fried cheese, baked cheese, creamy cheese (with wine), you get it. Cheese is good. And Wisconsin has a LOT of it.
As you might have guessed, we spent the weekend in Wisconsin. We went up for my cousin's wedding. I'll post more on that later - it was a great time!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

5. Beer

6. Brats

BTW, I was born and raised in WI...moved to MI when I was 20. I still consider myself a Cheesehead, though, and WI is still "home."

:)

duchessjane.com said...

If you tell a dealership that the entire sale depends on them taking that stupid sticker/decal/badge off of your car before you pick it up, they will do it. They won't lose the sale over their logo. You just have to make it clear before you sign the paperwork.

I love cheese. And Wisconsin. But it's only a 10 minute drive for me, so I often overlook the glory that is Wisconsin.

Travis Erwin said...

I get rid of those dealership decals first thing and Celine Dion ... really?

Kiersten said...

Oh, you're fun stuff, too! I'm glad you found me so that I could find you.

Mom In Scrubs said...

7. House on the Rock - an entire museum of the bizarre.

8. The Dells - homage to tourism, but Waterpark Capitol of the World!!

I peel those stickers off before they get really stuck-ity. Hate 'em!

Oh, and Milli Vanilli - well, we were at the concert together, weren't we?