Friday, July 18, 2008

Finally Friday!

I’m pretty excited because tonight I get to go out on a date.

The Husband and I are heading up to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area to go on a dinner cruise with his co-workers. Sure, a 7 hour round trip for one evening might be extreme, but since his company is paying for the gas, the hotel, and the event, I’m all for it! Should be fun!

**

Last night we got to see The Boy at camp. He is such a little sweetheart. I miss him so much! I know, I know… I’m a total geek and what on earth will I do when my kids go to college? My plan for now is to coerce them to go to the University that is 20 minutes away from our home so that they’ll come back to do free laundry. It’s my alma mater and it’s without a doubt the best university in the state, so why not, right?? Anyway, back to The Boy and camp... We arrived at the campsite and The Boy was nowhere to be found. I later discovered that he was in his tent, frantically searching for his Boy Scout shirt. Leave it to my little guy to lose his uniform shirt in a space the size of a bathroom. That’s how The Boy rolls. After about 5 minutes of searching (no joke) he found it and came out and put it on. I purchased that shirt for him – brand new- last week. If you look at the picture a few posts down from before he left for camp, you’ll see that it was in good condition. It's in worse shape now. Two buttons are missing and it's stained and wrinkled. This is so typical of my son that I just had to chuckle when I saw him.

He seemed to be enjoying his week away, though it’s apparently "no red meat" week at the camp and they’ve had turkey for almost every meal. He went through a list of turkey products much like Bubba does with shrimp in Forest Gump: turkey sausage, turkey patties, turkey bacon, turkey eggs, turkey sandwiches… Camp without hamburgers and hot dogs? Yikes, I say - unfortunate week to go to camp! He said that he forgot what our house looks like and that he was just a little bit homesick. He comes home tomorrow at noon, which is about the time TH and I will be returning from Minnesota, so that will be nice.

**

I’m listening to Dickens’ Great Expectations on mp3 in my car. I’ve never read it before, and I’m so glad I grabbed it as my “commute book”. Seriously, it’s amazingly entertaining. I’m still in the early stages of the novel but I’m not kidding you – I absolutely love the character development done by Dickens, and the humor! Good grief, it’s funny!

**

I just found out that one of my sisters in law is expecting. This is such great news!! That means we’ll have two new babies in the family soon! One sister in law is having a baby girl next month, and then this new baby will be born sometime this winter, I imagine. I really hope this cures my baby itch. I’ve had it something fierce lately. Maybe it’s because Bumblebee is heading to Kindergarten in a few weeks, or maybe it’s because babies are being born everywhere, but I really, really have that itch. I hope the itch is scratched by these new nieces and nephews that I should be getting soon.


That’s about all I know for now. Work is still crazy and massively stressful this week, but it’s winding down and I’m out of this joint as soon as I publish this post, so that’s good news.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Debbielou said...

Hope that you have a great time !

Mom In Scrubs said...

Ahem...I'm sure I read that "best University in the state" line wrong, as we all know that MY university is the best.

That understood, I hope you had a wonderful date! Sometimes it's just what the Dr. ordered. And if it's free? BONUS!

xoxoxo

P.s. I swear we will get together again someday, after I'm done living out my summer in NE. =)