Thursday, July 3, 2008

Alien vs. Unicorn

Bumblebee got one hell of a goose egg right smack in the middle of her forehead last night. She got in the way of The Boy's baseball bat. It wasn't pretty, and she'll have a nice bruise (and lump) for a while, I'm sure.

I'm such a nice mom. I told her she looked like an alien. (The new slope of her forehead looked Klingonesque to me.)

She didn't seem to like the thought of looking like an alien and that upset her even more. D'oh. I'm a dolt.

Enter Hollywood, stage right, to save the day: She scooped up her little sister, gave her a gentle hug and said, "I think you look like a beautiful unicorn."

Note to self: Looking like a unicorn is much more appealing to a 4 year old girl than looking like an alien.

***

On a similar note, Bumblebee didn't like the adorable red gingham shorts I put on her this morning. She threw a fit about how they 'weren't pretty' and then pulled out what she thought was her trump card:

"Mom, these shorts don't match the bump on my head." Guess I should have found purplish blue shorts for her to wear.

6 comments:

Swishy said...

Awww ... good big sister!

Debbielou said...

What a lovely thing to say!

MrsTSalazar said...

But of course the fashion savy now match their clothes to their bruises!

(**I shared this with my husband, and he laughed and said that she must have been my child!)

Travis Erwin said...

I hope it's not a fashion faux paus to not match bruises with clothes otherwise my boys are in real trouble.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

This reminded me of the 4th of July weekend many years ago when my son swung a golf club at the same instant his little sister walked behind him.
Oy vey, stitches on a holiday weekend!

ALF said...

What a good big sister!

Too funny about the shorts.