Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Will I Ever Learn?

***heee... check out the results of my poll so far. As many votes for my man Brett as there are for McCain. I love it!***


* * * *
I am so mad at myself.

I don't have any 'real' groceries in my house because last weekend I spent over $200 on food for the party we had for The Husband's birthday. I spent all weekend cooking and cleaning, and we had lots of food and drink and a very fun party, but I never got around to making the real grocery run. On Sunday we took the kids to the amusement park, so I didn't get a chance to get them then either.

Last night I picked up Fazoli's for dinner because I zipped on over to my dad's house after work (1.5 hour round trip) to fix his computer and didn't have time to get groceries (again).

Tonight I had time to get the groceries. (Jeez, how many times can I write the word groceries in one post?) But did I? No. I felt like a blob after work, and hauling Bumblebee into the grocery store sounded about as fun as giving Nick Nolte a pedicure. The Husband ended up getting carry out from Chilis. Ugh! I got a mushroom swiss burger. Double ugh. I only ate 1/2 of it, but have I mentioned that I'm supposed to be doing Weight Watchers again???

I forced myself out for my scheduled run tonight (3 miles) and can I just say that running with a mushroom and swiss burger gut bomb is not the best experience? At least I finished the run without puking.

Oh, and I had a side of about a thousand gnats for dessert. I both ingested and inhaled them during the run.

Fun times.

The key to eating healthy is this: menu planning, grocery shopping, and not being lazy when you don't feel like cooking. Time to refocus.

4 comments:

Swishy said...

I am horrible at planning what to eat. It doesn't take that long and makes such a difference but I haaate it.

You know I totally voted for Riggins :)

Jane said...

I have to take it even one step further - I have to wash and chop all veggies the minute I get home from the grocery store. I'm so flippin' lazy and constantly looking for excuses that if I have to snap green beans or wash and cut up broccoli, I "forget" to get my vegetables in.

(I am also recently back OP and cranky. It's not obvious, is it?)

Barb said...

Took the family for a 3 mile walk the other night (sorry, I just can't run!) and got eaten alive by mosquitos ~ one of the downsides of living the life in Fla. Of course coming home and jumping in the pool made it all better. But like you we've been too much eating out/take out and using the move to a new house as an excuse. Today I will grocery shop and start being better. Thanks for the needed push.

WebGal said...

At least you recognize you need to refocus. The worst thing you can do is decide to throw in the towel because of a little lapse.

And good for you for running!