Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back on the Wagon

First of all, What the hell is this nonsense all about? I mean seriously, it's messed up: Check out this story about Clay Aiken.

And now that you've all lost your appetite, back to the main point of my post...

Holy shit. I seriously have to get a grip.

In seven months I have gained back ALMOST HALF of the weight that took me two years to lose on Weight Watchers. I've gained more weight these past seven months than I did during my entire pregnancy with Hollywood.

Good grief. That's really scary.

I am 16 pounds heavier than I was this time last year and nothing fits me from last summer except stretchy things.

And guess what? Stretchy and my ass should never be allowed together. In fact, my ass was granted a temporary restraining order against stretchy, and as a result, he isn't allowed within 100 yards of my ass or he'll be thrown in the slammer.

**Tangent Warning**

Oh my GOD. I totally know better than to do what I just did... I went to google images intent on finding a clever graphic to go with the little ass vs. stretchy thing in the paragraph above. What the hell was I thinking when I googled 'big' and 'butt' from my work computer??? Uh, Husband, if I get fired for inappropriate internet use, sorry about that. I'll try to find another job that lets me write blog posts all day soon, ok?)

**End of Tangent**

So where was I? Oh yeah, my pitiful lack of control when it comes to stuffing my face.

Weight Watchers here I come. I lost 40 pounds on it a few years ago (took me 2 years, but still, I did it...) so I know it works, and I know I can lose these 16 pounds. Again.

Sonofabiscuitwithbaconandcheeseonit.

I officially joined again this morning. I'm going for a run tonight so that I can eat more for dinner. Lovely system they've got there, isn't it?

Guess how I'm doing today?

Yeah. I'm hungry. But whatev.

9 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh, girl...I can sympathize with EVERY word of your post. I lost 60#s a few years back...got withing ONE pound of my goal, then fell off the wagon hard enough to break my tailbone, I think. Gah. Now I have been struggling to re-lose that 20#s that glued themselves back to my backside and thighs.

:p

WebGal said...

We're in the same boat (though mine's heavier...so it's more of a cruise ship). Is there any correlation between my switching jobs and our weight gain? Probably for me...but you still go walking don't you?

Oh well. At least we're both back on the wagon.

Monnik said...

Webgal, I don't walk as often as when you were here. :(

I don't know, I just stopped caring about healthy food choices.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

BTW, I'm giggling at the cruise ship analogy. You're too much.

Mom In Scrubs said...

Let me vouch for changing jobs = extra poundage. I gained 15 since Jan, when I stopped running around in a lead apron and started driving (sitting on my ass) for a living. If I were smart and full of willpower, I would change my eating habits accordingly...but eating a salad while driving in a car just doesn't turn out well. Good luck, Nik!

Jenster said...

I read the article and all I can think of to say is, "huh?"

You are a HOOT!! I need a restraining order against stretchy, too.

What you need to do is come to Philly, have your picture taken with me, and then you'll be all, "Oh! I guess I'm not fat!"

We're going to Hawaii in 7 weeks. SEVEN FREAKIN' WEEKS!! How much weight do you think I can lose in 7 weeks? Oh wait. I'd have to actually eat healthy and exercise.

Geezo peezo. I gotta go. I'm feeling a major rant coming on and this is your blog - all about you and everything.

Good luck with the weight loss!!

Swishy said...

You will TOTALLY snap back in no time, and you know what? I bet you look awesome right now.

And CLAY AIKEN!!! I KNOW!!!!

Andrea said...

such search results are why i always start with the text search first. hehehe.

Mama P said...

You can do this. You can. are you running?

Travis Erwin said...

I wish you luck. I need to lose a solid fifty pounds to get back to my pre-government employee weight. Dan cushy job.