Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mememememe

Jess at Riley’s Ramblings tagged me for a meme. If you haven’t checked out her blog, do so now. Go ahead. I’ll wait. Oh – and if you haven’t pre-ordered her book yet, do that too. It looks fabulous and I can’t wait for May 20th to HURRY UP AND GET HERE.

Anyway, here are the rules for the meme:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you.

2. Post these rules on your blog.

3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.

4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry.

* * * Six Unimportant Things about Monnik * * *

  • In college, I worked as a waitress in a fifties style diner. One of my co-workers was a sweet, but kind of stalkerish guy who washed dishes and sometimes cooked at the restaurant. His name was Ruben, and he wrote me a poem which he put in a flimsy 5x7 frame and presented to me along with a box of Nutter-Butters. The Husband also worked at the restaurant at that time, except he wasn’t my husband then. We sort of kept the fact that we were dating on the down low at work. But eventually it became obvious that The Husband had impregnated me. This made Ruben very sad. We got into a horrible argument. (Ok, I’m being dramatic, here… it wasn’t horrible. But it was an argument.) Ruben disagreed with me about the pronunciation of The Husband’s last name. I may not have waited until I was married to get knocked up by this dude, but I did know how to say his last name. But Ruben insisted that it was pronounced differently (an error most people make upon trying out our last name) and so we argued. And that was the end of his gifts of poems and cookies. Why, oh, why did it have to end that way, Ruben? (disclaimer so that The Husband doesn't worry that I'm pining away for my long lost love: I saw that our vending machine had Nutter-Butters in them today -I wisely ignored them and ate my oatmeal instead- and it reminded me of poor Ruben.)
  • My very favorite color is purple. It always has been. Some things that I love that are purple: my stuffed bunny named Jannelle (who is now mostly gray instead of lavender but still around instead of spending eternity in a land fill somewhere like the rest of my stuffed animals), the dress I wore in the Olan Mills wagon wheel picture when I was four, the bedroom my dad painted purple for me when I was little, the prom dress that looked better on my friend G who graciously loaned it to me for senior prom (which was a disaster and a story for another day, but the purple dress was oh, so pretty), the great purple handbag I got before Casual Corner closed, my purple wallet, and the purple square painted on my living room wall that looks like this picture:
    Photobucket
    Except that this is something I made in photoshop. But it has those prints of my kids and that saying and a painted purple rectangle that The Husband framed out in black trim on the wall, and, well… I love it. And I love purple.
  • I chopped my hair off last week and about a gazillion people at work have commented on it.
  • I won an award at work this week and have to get my picture taken with the head honcho here at Giant Ass Bank, and for some stupid reason it’s making me really nervous… And then tomorrow I have to have lunch with the president of my division and one of the Veeps from the division and I wonder what in the name of Methuselah I am going to talk about for an entire hour with these people. I know – it’s weird that I’d worry about what to talk about. I hear ya, but it really is something I’m kind of stressing over.
  • I love sushi, pasta, seafood, and all things made in a bakery.
  • I’m wearing a pedometer today and it’s digging into my waist. Not terribly comfortable…. It says I’ve taken 1315 steps so far. Which means I am a slug. But I am going to walk 2 miles at lunch…

So yeah. That’s six things. I’m tagging Mom in Scrubs, Krobzoo, WebGal, Debbielou, Barb, and Mama P. Hope y’all have a great week!!

7 comments:

Barrie said...

Congrats on the award! You'll do fine talking at lunch. Just pretend you're blogging...

Barrie said...

That was weird! We did post at the same time.

What am I going to do? I think, at this point, I'll wait until I get a call from him. I can't stop thinking about him though.

WebGal said...

Ack! Don't tag me!

Mmm. Nutter Butters.

Jenster said...

I'm now obsessed with the prom story. Do tell!!

Congrats on the award and I LOVE the purple picture rectangle!

Debbielou said...

Thank you for tagging me! I loved your post.
My favourite colour is purple too.

Well done on your award - enjoy your day ! x

Travis Erwin said...

I love nutter butters and I'm sure you'll wow the big ass bank honchos.

Mom In Scrubs said...

Ok, I'm tagged. I'll do it later this week. I'm in Denver the first 2 days and Springfield the last 2....I'll find time somewhere in there!

I always think of you when I see purple...and I can't wait to see your hair!!