Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Saptastic Show Tunes

I admit it - I'm a sap.

Especially when it comes to show tunes. Especially when those tunes are from Les Miserables.

I had lunch with my pal Webgal today and on the way back to work, I popped in my Les Mis CD. I was sobbing like a baby as I sang at the top of my lungs in my car.

I realized that my moon roof was open only after I'd parked in the garage at work.

Oops. I'm sure people thought I was a freak on wheels. Which isn't true at all. I was a freak in wheels. (bah dum dum... try the veal, it's fantastic!)

But c'mon... Who doesn't sob when the Les Mis song "I Dreamed a Dream" or - and this one kills me every time - "On My Own" is played?? GAH!

4 comments:

WebGal said...

Wow...that is something I absolutely cannot picture, Sappy Sapperson.

Barb said...

I think we all have "those tunes" that make us cry. I've been known to cry at church when a beautiful soloist is singing and don't even get me started on the sob that was heard around the world when my daughter and I went to see Miss Saigon!

Debbielou said...

Nothing better than singing your heart out! - Even better if it's out of tune and at the top of your voice !x

Mom In Scrubs said...

I've got Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in my car right now - I only get to listen to it when I'm on my own; JeepMan can't stand it! I love, "Close Every Door To Me" amongst others.

Next week I might have to break out my Evita CD or my Phantom of the Opera....I'm a geeky sap too. And who cares if the windows are down!