Monday, March 24, 2008

Grouchy Mc Grumpypants

I'm in a shitty mood. I don't know why, really.

I have an urge to go out and spend a lot of money on clothes and jewelry and things that will make me look prettier in the hopes that it will improve my mood. But I know it won't. At least not when I go to look at my banking statements.

Why do people get moods like this? There is not one thing that can be pinpointed to the cause of this mood. No PMS, no headache, no unforeseen expensive thing to take care of (other than the ones we've already dealt with this year.) I'm sure there is a physiological explanation for my bad mood - like I don't have enough selenium in me or something. Hmmmm. I'm going to google that and see what I find out.

Back in a sec.

Nice. What would the world do without its handy dandy crap-corralling google? Where else can you pull together content on sexual frustration, drug addiction, dieting, chocolate, mascara (??), and pregnancy all with the common denominator of 'bad mood'??

I'm in too much of a bad mood to even care why I'm in a bad mood. I suppose I could try eating chocolate (not after yesterday's overindulgent Easter meal) or having sex (which isn't very convenient at the moment since The Husband is at work, and I'm sitting in my cubicle here at Giant Ass Bank.) Or I could try some drugs or maybe a new tube of mascara.

But probably I'll just go for a walk, get some coffee, and hope and pray that this monster of a mood doesn't follow me home tonight.

Growl.


I do have a cute Bumblebee story to share, though. And it's actually somewhat relevant to the bad mood blather.

This morning, as I was taking Bumblebee into daycare, I caught sight of her staring intently at the 1.12 millimeter length scratch on her pointer finger. It had the nerve to leak a minuscule drop of blood yesterday, so in true 4-year-old fashion, Bumblebee is convinced that her finger is falling off.

While examining the scratch (a gaping wound in her mind's eye) she said to me, "Momma, if Daycare Friend tries to hit me today, I'm going to show her my sore finger and tell her not to hit me there."

I immediately jumped to horrible images of Daycare Friend terrorizing and pummeling my precious and obviously innocent Bumblebee. "If Daycare Friend hits you, Bumblebee, you need to tell Babysitter."

"I know that. I tell on her for hitting me all the time."

"Mmmm-kaaaay... is Daycare Friend hitting you a lot?!" I asked, worrying even more.

And without a second of hesitation, Bumblebee sighed, rolled her eyes at me in the rear view mirror and said, "Mom. You KNOW how it is. Sometimes we just get really grumpy at each other and fights happen."

So that's that.

4 comments:

Swishy said...

Ohhhhh I HATE days like that! That happens to me for NO reason and then the next day everything is fine. I would go with the chocolate. It can't hurt (too much) ... right? :)

WebGal said...

I suggest a trip to Do-Biz. If I worked in your building still, I'd drag you there myself. :)

Jenster said...

Ha! I blame all my bad moods on my new, improved cynical post cancer self. Which is a crock because I had them before, too. But I like to have a reason, you know.

Bumblebee is brilliant!! Fights happen. LOL

Debbielou said...

Oh dear Monnik - I have a perfect way of cheering you up - On my Blog is a You tube feature of a baby - Play it if you have a moment and I guarantee it will bring a smile to you face.

Failing that eat another Easter egg - your blood sugar level must have dropped ! x

Love Bumble bee - she's great !