Monday, January 28, 2008

New Widget

I added the new PlayPumps widget to the right side of my blog because I think it's an interesting charity. It helps provide safe drinking water to people in Africa - I think they're focused in Mozambique. The PlayPump systems are innovative, sustainable, patented water pumps powered by children at play. Installed near schools, the PlayPump system doubles as a water pump and a merry-go-round for children. I gave them $10 - a puny amount in the grand scheme of things, but I figure it's worth 2 1/2 lattes. I read about this charity in this article on msnbc.com. I think it's a pretty cool concept! Interesting how charitable organizations can reach people through social networking.

1 comment:

Travis Erwin said...

What a cool concept? Hope it is a huge success.