Thursday, January 17, 2008

Go Away, Winter!!

I hate, hate, hate, (a thousand times hate!) winter. I am currently sitting in my dining room listening to the oh-so-lovely sound of my husband snowblowing the 5 inches of snow that dumped on us last night.

I can usually work from home when bad weather rears it's ugly head (and trust me - this is UGLY), but today I have NINE meetings scheduled. So I have to go to work. (I know, I know... poor me.) Wish me luck on my commute.

Hollywood came upstairs to inform me that the downstairs power is out, but the upstairs power is fine... Guess I should go check the fusebox. Fun times.

So anyway, here's where I really want to be today:

4 comments:

Josephine Damian said...

Oooh, Monnik, I wish you were here with me in FL right now. (Actually, it's cloudy and drizzly today, but hey, it beats snow).

I remember too well winters up north and how miserable I was by mid-January. But of course, the brutal FL summer, which lasts nine months, is not exactly my idea of paradise either.

Oh, that we would both become rich bestselling authors so we can have a second home to escape to when the weather gets ugly.

NINE meetings?! That's too much running around even if it wasn't snowing.

Drive safely!

Andrea said...

Not to rub it in, but I'm so glad I don't live in a place where snow is a common occurance.

Of course, I still wish we were all in FL with Josephine...

Jenster said...

I love winter. LOVE IT! Of course, we don't get a ton of snow, though it did snow between 2 and 3 inches today. Tomorrow it should be nearly gone.

Not only that, but hot flashes bring a whole new meaning to winter! lol

Swishy said...

Ohhhhh, girl, you and me both. I HATE winter!