Friday, December 28, 2007

Post Holiday Eating Habits

We've all spent several days eating nothing but junk. Between the cookies, the breads, the baklava, the dips, the chips, the crackers, the cheeses, the chocolates, the sausages, and about a million other things, our bodies are in complete revolt.

Well, mine is anyway. I went to the store last night and bought $40 worth of produce. Broccoli, beans, brussels sprouts, bananas, apples, and those delicious clementine oranges. It was like my body was begging me to ingest something - anything - with nutritional value.

Bumblebee's body, however, doesn't seem to be craving healthy food at all. Here's what she asked me while eating her breakfast this morning:


Whipped Cream Cereal from Monnik on Vimeo.

Yes, that's right. She wanted 'whipped cream cereal'. Um, no. Not today. And yes, this video was a re-enactment. I don't typically roll film while she's eating breakfast (from a tv tray) on the floor of the dining room.

7 comments:

DuJane said...

Awww, what a sweetie.

Mommi Tutu said...

Love your blog, doll .. . just found you via SUV Bitch:) Take care and hope to see you soon . ..

Barrie said...

Whipped cream cereal! Ha! I think my kids would love it! Enjoy the produce.

Liza's Eyeview said...

I found your blog through Pass The Zoloft. I am a Frazzled Mom - Busy Working Mom, myself.

And yes, my kids would love to put whipped cream on their cereal :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Monnik - hope you're keeping up the running with all that food ;)

Don't forget your cool running chums - we're missing you on the forum so pop by sometime

Cara

Travis Erwin said...

I'm with Bumblebee. Bring on the whipped cream and down with the produce.

Mom In Scrubs said...

Here's a sick confession:

I have actually given my kids whipping cream on their cereal. It was all we had. They loved it.

I'm a great mom.