Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Least Welcome Things

Travis over at One Word, One Rung, One Day wrote a warm fuzzy version of his favorite things on his post today. It's really great, so you should go check it out. Being the pessimist that I tend to be this time of year, I decided to steal his idea, and flip it around so that it's about things I don't love so much. So, without further ado, here goes:

My Least Welcome Things

Clients who whine and children who bicker
Not being able to bribe them with liquor
Having a telephone that always rings
These are a few of my least welcome things

Too many emails and crazy work deadlines
Stories of whackadoos hogging the headlines
The slush and the snow and the ice winter brings
These are a few of my least welcome things

Holiday shopping when my list isn’t done yet
Why didn’t I buy all of my gifts on the internet
Driving with idiots and getting door dings
These are a few of my least welcome things

When the school calls
Asking for baked goods
The day before they are due
I simply remember my least welcome things
And then I feel twice as blue!


***

Don't forget to check out the post below about my mom. It's worth the scrolldown.

11 comments:

WebGal said...

LOL again! :)

Travis Erwin said...

Excellent.
I wrote that in my very best Mr. Burns impersonation.

Jenster said...

Very clever! I was singing it and everything!! :o)

Andrea said...

I love it! Especially calling about baked goods... I <3 Kroger's bakery...

Barrie said...

You and Travis are VERY creative!

Mama P said...

Can I use that on Babycenter? I swear I don't get paid much on that gig, so I'm not trying to get my work in for free. It just makes me laugh and I love pointing out good material. You'll have to let me know if anyone ever finds you due to the Babycenter highlite. I'm in L.A. -it's all about the Networking, baby!

Don't call me, I'll call you....

Monnik said...

Well of course, Mama P!

Mom In Scrubs said...

You're so Creative!!!

Mrs Spiker would have been proud.

Uh....I suppose she's dead, huh?

That means she's probably rolling over in her grave.

Swishy said...

LOL! I love it! And the pic with your mom ... CLASSIC!!!

Clare2e said...

Mmmm, least favorite things, huh? Does anyone want to read mine if it's the length of of an epic poem, the Iliad, perhaps?

I loved the line about those who couldn't be bribed with liquor. You must work for upright people, but, of course, if you only work for boozy scumbags, the accounts receivables pile up. It's a Catch-22 for sure.

Josephine Damian said...

Ha! That was a hoot! Saw your link on the Travis Erwin blog. Maybe next year, I'll try a "least favorite things" take on it.

Happy New Year!