Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Fire Alarm

This is what I'm hearing while I'm trying to work at my desk.

"May I have your attention please. May I have your attention please. There has been a fire reported in the building. While this report is being verified, the building manager would like you to remain at your workstation. Wait on your floor for further instruction."

Followed by a loud screetchy alarm, and repeated all over again.

This message and the screetcy alarm has been going on since 7:55 a.m. It's 8:18 now. I am going to go crazy.

They blocked off the downstairs entrance. And exit, too, if you think about it. So we're basically trapped in a building that's supposedly on fire.

Nice.

Edited at 8:32 to add - it's finally over. My head is pounding, though.

6 comments:

Jenster said...

That's totally insane! What would they have done if it was discovered there really was a fire?

NUTS!

Mama P said...

Screeching fire alarms and newborns: what's the difference? You were born to have grace under fire. If there's a real fire, just grab your computer and ruuuuun.

Andrea said...

Heck! Leave your computer, but don't forget the purse! (must have car keys)

Well, I'm glad you didn't burn up in the building with the blocked doors, though I'm sorry your head is pounding.

Travis Erwin said...

It was realy just a fat guy smoking in the bathroom.

krobzoo said...

that is plain weird. at my office if they go off and even if they KNOW it is not real, we still have to leave the building.

Mom In Scrubs said...

Ahhh...I hearken back to days of old in the dorms, when the fire alarms would go off 10 times a night and we would just cover up our heads and try to sleep through them.
"(WHOOOOOP! WHOOOOOP!) YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE, YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE. A FIRE HAS BEEN REPORTED IN YOUR BUILDING. REPEAT. A FIRE HAS BEEN REPORTED IN YOUR BUILDING. PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE NEAREST EXIT. ONCE OUTSIDE PROCEED AWAY FROM THE BUILDING. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR. REPEAT! DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR. (WHOOOOOP! WHOOOOOP!)
Engraved on my brain.