Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Funkytown

I'm in a funk. Maybe it's post Holiday depression, or stress, or whatever, but I have no drive or motivation to do much of anything. Here's a list of my funkiness:

  • Last night was the first night since Thanksgiving that I made dinner. We've had takeout or leftovers instead.
  • I ran once over the weekend, but didn't run last night - even though I had every chance to do so.
  • I've been eating so much food that it's no wonder my pants are tight. And tight they are... we haven't even gotten into Christmas food season yet!
  • My house is a mess. Laundry needs done, my bedroom is still a sty, the deep cleaning needs done.
  • We forgot to take the trash to the street last night, and since I overslept this morning, the garbage men were long gone by the time we thought about it. Since we hosted Thanksgiving - the trash is already overflowing. It'll be a fun trash week.
  • I have gotten up later and later since the time change. I'm supposed to work 7-4. Guess what time I got in this morning? 8:03. Not good.
  • I've worn my hair in a ponytail 4 out of the last 5 workdays. I'm too lazy or sleepy to actually style it.
  • I've got two books that are half finished sitting on my bedside table and they're collecting dust.
  • My couch and tv have formed a secret alliance and are hypnotizing me into watching endless episodes of What Not to Wear, Tim Gun's Guide to Style, Project Runway, Design on a Dime, etc. Which is pretty ironic because I sit on my sofa watching these people learn how to look great while my ass grows bigger.
See? It's a funk. And I'm going to try to pull myself out of it starting NOW.

I am eating oatmeal and a banana for breakfast.

I am going on a walk at lunch.

I am going to buy Christmas presents online for at least four people today.

I am going to get some actual work done too. (Though this is my calm down season - I'll have a couple of weeks of downtime before things get crazy again.)

I think that's about all I can commit to right now. But it's a start.

4 comments:

Jess Riley said...

Hey, I've been getting up later and later, too! It's seasonal, I think. And I'm looking at my To-Do list as I type this...(it's giving me the evil eye back)

Travis Erwin said...

I went home sick today, just so I coudl work on my novel whish is spiralling away from me, so I know what you mean.

Andrea said...

Yeah. This morning I made it to work by 11AM. not good. But yesterday I was here by 8:45 when I didn't have to be here until 9!

And of course, now I have an earworm of Funkytown... Thanks... :)

Swishy said...

Ohhhh, girl ... you and me both. Except I'm five out of six days on the ponytail :)