Friday, November 2, 2007

Eyebrows and Stray Cats

Who can believe that it's November already? Sheesh.

I got my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed yesterday. I'd never had that done before. Well, I have had my hair cut before. Just not the eyebrow waxing thing.

I am in love with my new eyebrows. They are so shapely and not an errant eyebrow hair in place! And you know what? Waxing hurts WAY less than plucking. (Aside: plucking my eyebrows makes me sneeze - anyone else have this curious affliction?) In fact, the warm wax feels soothing on your brow up until the moment that the cloth is ripped off your skin. And even that doesn't hurt very much. Seriously! I love it. For $15, it's totally worth it.

The hair cut is nice too. She didn't go quite as far as I wanted her to with the layers, but I'll get her to cut more layers next time. I think I might have finally found a keeper of a hairdresser. I've only been looking for one for my entire life. But either the location wasn't good or the hairdresser was too chatty. I cannot stand hairstylists who talk the entire time they cut your hair. I'm a very talkative gal with my friends and family, but not so much with strangers. I would prefer to keep the conversation to a few polite comments about the weather and leave it at that. This gal was good - she recognized my preference to chill instead of jabber and went with it.

It's Friday! This week's been long. Not because I've had a busy week - I've actually been slacking at work, and that's totally going to bite me in the ass next week. It's just been a long week. So I'm glad that the weekend is almost here.

Update on the cat: it comes to our door every night and howls incessantly. A few times in the morning it's been there too. This morning I saw it about a half mile down the road (across the highway) so I'm starting to get nervous about the little thing. I'm not sure what to do... If I take it to the rescue league, it might get euthanized if nobody wants it... I do not want another cat in my house - especially this one since I know it likes to howl and whine a lot. Think I'll talk with my neighbors this weekend and see if anyone knows who the poor thing belongs to.

Argh! This blog post sucks. I'm sorry for droning on about eyebrows and stray cats.

(Ok - who has the Stray Cat Strut song in their head now?)

I don't bother chasing mice around
I slink down the alley, lookin for a fight
Howlin to the moonlight on a hot summer night
Singin the blues while the lady cats cry
Wild stray cat you're a real gone guy
I wish I could be as carefree and wild
But I got cat class and I got cat a style

5 comments:

Mom In Scrubs said...

Waxing the eyebrows is sooo great. You know about me and eyebrows!! But $15 is too much. I do it myself for $8 for a tube (sally hansen lavender spa wax eye tube) and it lasts me at least 6 months! You have an artistic hand, you can do it! My stylist never waxed enough for me; I would always go home and pluck until they were where I wanted them.
And yes, I sneeze when I pluck. I also sneeze in bright sunlight. Must be some sort of neuro affliction!

Travis Erwin said...

What? -- No pics of the newly trimmed brows.

Andrea said...

Diddo on what Travis said. I was hoping for before and after photos! I've been debating it, but I dont' know if I want to shell out $15 for it... I won't pay more than $20 for a haircut...

krobzoo said...

I haven't ever had my eyebrows waxed either. I should, I have plucked too much before. And sometimes I try just trimming the length (yes, of my eyerbrow hairs, is that weird?), and I have taken off too much with that before too. Then you have to go back and make the first one match the second one. UGH!

Jenster said...

I didn't have that song in my head until I got to the end of your post. Thanks a lot. lol

I started waxing my eyebrows a few years ago. It's nice to have a shapely set of brows, no?

I don't sneeze when I pluck, but I have a spot on the top of my head that makes me sneeze if it's pulled. Weird.