Wednesday, October 3, 2007

It's Official - I'm Crazy

My very first race is on Saturday. It's a 5K and it's an "easy" race because lots of the people attending will be walking it. I am looking forward to it, and hope I can do well.

Since I completed the One Hour Runner program a few weeks ago, I find myself slipping. I'm not following a specific training program anymore, so it's easy to say "meh - I'll run tomorrow night instead." And that's bad, because I've come so far. In April I couldn't run 400 meters without gasping for air. Now I can run for an hour. I can't let that progress atrophy like it will if I don't set a goal. So, I've decided to train for the 20K run that our city has each spring called the Dam to Dam run. It'll probably take me forever to run that far, and I'm sure everyone will fly past this turtle, but I'm going to try it.

Wish me luck. I'm going to try to get my brothers and my sis-in-law to join me for it too. They're the only other people I know who are crazy enough to give it a shot.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck in the race and the coercing! I'm disappointed that I won't be able to contribute this year due to the tragic state of my finances, though I've been buying the items with pink labels when I have the option.

And I can barely fathom running a 5K, much less 20! You're an amazing woman!

Travis Erwin said...

Good luck. I couldn't run around the block.

Mom In Scrubs said...

Damn...the dam to dam!!

A block to block would be a challenge to me.

You go girl!