Monday, October 15, 2007

Dreary Monday

I'm in a foul, crabby, grouchy mood.

My throat hurts.

I'm starving and I want to eat food that is bad for me.

It's a dreary, drippy Monday.

I have many, many things to get done at work.

I didn't get my long run in this weekend.

. . .

I got to spend a lot of play time with my kids this weekend since we didn't have much going on.

I beat The Boy twice in chess yesterday.

I took a nap on Saturday AND on Sunday.

Hollywood is handling her punishment from last week with grace and good-humor.

I got to catch up with my best friend over the weekend - haven't done that in a long time.

I won an award at work - someone nominated me for my 'superior service'.

I don't have to pick anyone up from any kind of practice, or take anyone to any kind of event this evening.

I have my afternoon free of meetings, so I can actually get some work done.

. . .

See? More good than bad. I can always find more good than bad, even on a dreary Monday.

But my throat still hurts.

4 comments:

Cmommy said...

"I don't have to pick anyone up from any kind of practice, or take anyone to any kind of event this evening."----that is truly a reason to celebrate!! I wish I'd known that when the days were sooooo long in the diaper years!

hugs to you, sore throat be gone! Cmommy

Swishy said...

Oh, I hope your throat is feeling better! And your good things are really good!

DuJane said...

Saturday and Sunday naps are my favorite part of the week.

Travis Erwin said...

Flag football and pre-school soccer end this next weekend for us. Hooray!