Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six Years Ago...

I still remember the shock I felt that Tuesday morning. The initial confusion, then the slow realization that it wasn’t an accident, the horror that this could happen here. I became addicted to CNN and could not keep my eyes off of the newly implemented news crawl at the bottom of the screen. I watched the towers fall over and over again. Scared and obsessed, I talked with my kids about what happened. And I hugged them a little tighter than before it happened.

Just like I did today. Because they’re safe.

4 comments:

Mom In Scrubs said...

I was home, postpartum, with a 6-week-old colicky infant. In retrospect, I remember it all through a hazy blur of overwhelming hormones and sleep-deprivation.

I think I will hug my kids a little tighter tonite.

Angie said...

Shock and awe on that day and only getting worse to think back and think forward. I hug my daughters tighter at the thought of that day, the war, and missing children. Nice post.
http://awholelotofnothing.net

Andrea said...

It's kind of heartbreaking that we cannont protect our babies 24/7/365... I guess that's where faith steps in, eh?

Patti said...

nice to meet ya...