Monday, September 24, 2007

Heroes


The season premiere of Heroes is on tonight. Hollywood and I are all geeked out about it. Last season, we watched the show without fail, each week. At the end of each episode, Hollywood would say,

"Ok. So...." and she'd start firing off her questions about what happened. Then we'd share our thoughts and guesses on the plot twists and turns.

Fun times. I'd better get going and cook some dinner so I can get my run in before the show. Yikes. That's only 3 hours to cook, eat, clean, run, shower, and then watch the show. Oh, but I have TiVo now! Sometimes I forget that lovely little invention.

11 days until the premiere of the best show on TV. (Heroes is #2, behind Friday Night Lights.)

Oh, and lest you all think I'm a tv watching zombie, I have to recommend a book that I just got done with. She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. It's a beautiful, haunting story about a troubled woman. What I love is that the book has a great ending, but it's a realistic ending. Not a sappy, happily-ever-after ending. Thumbs up from me!

6 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I've meant to read She Come Undone for some time.

Swishy said...

I LOVE TV SEASON! I watched the season premiere of FNL ... did you?

I read She's Come Undone ... it's amazing that he writes women so realistically!

Monnik said...

Swishy, I did not watch the premiere of FNL. I decided I had to wait and watch it on my regular tv, the right way. It was a hard decision, though, because I watched like the first few minutes of it (the pool scene) and REALLY wanted to keep watching.

Travis, read it! It's really a great book.

Swishy said...

YOU WILL DIE!

OK, I'm shutting up now. :)

Andrea said...

Ack! It's started already? Where has the time gone? Of course, hubby bought season one for my birthday because I missed parts of the first season. I'm probably going to have to get season 2 on DVD, too, because Monday nights are just not good for me this season!

Jenster said...

I've mixed emotions about another new TV season. On the one hand there are so many shows I'd like to watch. But on the other hand there are so many shows I'd like to watch. Know what I mean??