Friday, September 28, 2007

The Good Outweighs the Bad Today

This week was rough. But thankfully, it's over and it's the weekend.

Here are the good and bad parts of today:

Bad: I slept horribly last night.

Good: TH woke up and graciously took my mind off of the insomnia for a while. ;)

Bad: I was having a funky hair day. I tried to cover that up by curling my hair, but it didn't work. It was still weird.

Good: Friday is my weigh-in day on Weight Watchers. I joined again last Friday (online program) to lose these pesky last 10 pounds. I lost 2.5 pounds this past week.

Very, very, horribly, terribly, tragically bad: The best boots in the world - my 4 inch heeled black boots - finally kicked the bucket this morning after four years of wear and two trips to the miracle shoe repair worker. The zipper broke out of them.

A moment of silence for my boots, please. They were really THAT awesome. And now they're gone.

Good: I got a very respectable counter offer from my boss at Giant Ass Bank and finally was able to make the decision on which job to take. (I chose to stay with GAB because of the flexibility and the offer that I was presented.)

Bad: I ate pasta for lunch and likely gained back the weight I lost last week. But it was tasty.

Bad again: I haven't jogged since Monday. Back to it tomorrow with a one hour jog. My ipod is already queued up with the podcast I'm going to listen to.

Good: The Husband cooked dinner to celebrate my raise at work. Super yummy filet mignon on the grill. Yeah, that's more weight to lose this week, but it was worth it.

Good again: TH bought me a dozen pink roses, also to celebrate my raise at work.

Good again, again: TH bought me chocolate to celebrate my raise at work. (He's being suspiciously nice lately.)

And most recently good: TH and I just got done playing darts and I beat him. We played cricket and it came down to one more bullseye and I got it first. That rarely happens, so, yay for me.

Sigh. I'm going to bask in the glory of a day with more goods that bads. And think about how great it will be to find a great new pair of black boots this weekend. The icing on the cake for today would be if there's a new episode of What Not to Wear on tonight. Cross your fingers for me.

5 comments:

Swishy said...

Oh, I loved hearing about your day! I totally did. I am so glad that there were so many good things. Congratulations on the raise and the weight and ... EVERYTHING! I am totally smiling for you right now.

Travis Erwin said...

You ended on a string of goods. That is good. Unlike my comment.

WebGal said...

Congrats on the great offer from the GAB. They clearly love you there (with good reason) and I should know!! That's awesome that TH did all that for you. Filet Mignon? How many points for that? :)

Monnik said...

thanks, swishy and travis! webgal, my total points consumed yesterday was 33. Not cool since I didn't exercise to counteract any of that. Gah.

Manic Mom said...

WOW! You are soo winning in the hubby and job departments!!! Congrats!