Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Three Hundred and Thirty Dollianare

Hollywood is staying at her grandpa and grandma's house for three weeks earning money by working in my FIL's office. She's being paid a very generous $10/hour to scan tax returns, answer the occasional phone call, and email me several times a day.

I love getting emails from her, it's fun. Much better than the regular emails I get at work. One of her emails read: "I just got back from a meeting. It was boring. Now I know why you hate them so much."

Yesterday was her first pay day and she called me after her grandpa took her to the bank and said excitedly, "Guess what?! I'm a three hundred and thirty dollianare!!" She said that was more money than she earns in a year of babysitting!

She's funny. But I miss her. I have to fold the laundry myself while she's gone! I miss her for reasons other than that too. But I'm enjoying her emails and phone calls, and I know she's having a great time.

6 comments:

Manic Mom said...

M--go over to Pat's email and leave her your email once more. I put you on the list to be entered, but you still need to make sure to go to her email and drop her a note to make it legit!!!

Cheers!

Jenster said...

What a great thing for her!! But I know you miss her. Maybe she can take you to lunch when she gets home!

mcewen said...

Occasionally a little distance can actually improve the communication skills in ways that you didn't anticipate.
Best wishes

Swishy said...

Oh, that is the cutest thing!

Lainey-Paney said...

Man, what an awesome part-time gig for her.

:)

Mom In Scrubs said...

Oh Man, your baby is growing up so fast!! (But I am sure I don't have to point this out...)

Nothing like a first job to ramp up the appreciation factor of kids for their parents!

Hey, I finally posted. You will have to check it out.