Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Should I Stay or Should I Go Now...

(Great, now I have an earworm of that song.)

Do you ever just want to throw your hands up in the air and say, "I just can't deal with this today? I'm going back to bed?!"

I do. Occasionally. Like today. I'm having serious fantasies about taking a PTO day and curling up in my bed with a good book and a glass of iced tea. How awesome would it be to read for a while, drift into a warm, fuzzy nap, wake up, lay out on my deck and catch a few rays with the good book as a companion. Ah.... If only. My mommy guilt won't let me act out this fantasy in real life. I simply can't live with the thought of leaving Bumblebee in daycare so I can have a lazy day. But it is so tempting.

I feel like garbage today too. I got up early and ran this morning, even though at 5 a.m. every voice in my head was screaming, "Are you insane?" Normally my morning jog improves my mood and makes me feel energized and ready to face the day. Today it only exacerbated my neck and shoulder pain. I have a pounding headache, and feel like I might have a fever, but that could be just because I have achy muscles. And those muscles could ache because of the work I was doing with a hammer and chisel on Monday night. (STILL working on refinishing that table.) Or, I could have a cold/flu bug. Who knows. Or cares, really. I also have PMS, which doesn't help things at all.

So, what should I do? Should I blow this joint (work), grab Bumblebee from daycare, drop The Boy off at K's house and have some quiet time at home? Or should I actually read and respond to the emails my coworkers keep sending me?

My neck hurts. And it's cold in here. Whatever will I decide to do?!?!

Stay Tuned for the next episode of "Frazzled But Loving It" to find out if Monnik actually takes the day off.

I know. You're waiting with bated breath to find out.

3 comments:

Swishy said...

Oh, I hope you took the day off! You totally deserve it!

Mom In Scrubs said...

Mental days are not only great, I firmly believe they are a necessary component to our sanity as full-time working mothers.

Nuff said.

LZ Blogger said...

I thought this was VERY funny! "Or should I actually read and respond to the emails my coworkers keep sending me? And believe me I know how you feel... well except for the PMS part! ~ jb///